Skip to content

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
Mary/LLT
az330 posted:
after some consideration I got into a group DBT class.... I have only went to one class. I just sat there and listened. I think it will help me. I just have trust issues with people so it will take me time to open up. I learned about the first. I realize its going to be alot of work on my part. I do have questions. Did it really help you? Do you use the skills that you learned in everyday life? Maybe I just need some reassurrance that I am doing the right thing. I feel a bit lost and off balance today. I hope you ladies are doing well.

AZ

marysings responded:
AZ, DBT skills are vital in learning to live with Borderline Personality. Yes, they DO help me. And Yes, I do use them all the time. And when I am in a crisis, I do my best to get them out of the desk and use them!

Hang in there with the group. Like I said in another post, just listening will help you learn them. And I am sure that you will soon feel comfortable to be able to join in the group conversations. Ask questions when you need to.

I'm proud of you, AZ!

Love,
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

lovely_lemon_tree replied to marysings's response:
I'm glad you went to the group. A lot of people have such a hard time just taking that first step, but you did! Good for you!

Sorry I don't have much more to say... I'm tired, frustrated and need to hit the sack. I will talk more later.

G'nite.

StoryB responded:
I need so much reassurance. You know the movie "101 First Dates"? I think that's like, finally, I've discovered, what it's like to be with me. I have to be told every day that I'm loved, or that I can do it, or that someone believes in me. If not, if I don't feel any of those things from someone actually saying those words, then I feel empty and lost inside. I will always forget that I'm loved, and never believe it. I have to be told over and over again. Reassurance. Tons of it. For Borderlines. Ya.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Where do I even start, I guess I am just like everyone else. Been through too much, survived it all, but still not living. I started drinking at age 9...More

Helpful Tips

how i feel every second of my day....
shaking shivering starting to cry feeling so lonely wanting to die and if you tell people the things that you do they still don't know all ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.