Skip to content

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
Looking in the mirror, feeling like I look "sick"?
OmegaBlack posted:
Hey guys, 26 year old, intelligent male here. 5'10, 185lbs, I work out alot, muscular/athletic build.

Anyway, For the past fews years it has gotten worse, but for the longest time I never really felt happy with myself or self-image. Now,as I age (26 as stated previously), when I look in the mirror, 80% of the time, I "look" sick to myself like I have some disease. My skin is kind of blotchy, pale, and my head looks big, and my hairline looks like its going back, I know it sounds stupid or like I'm overreacting but it really bothers me so much it's actually insane. My self image is so important to me; almost like I couldn't be happy if I didn't look atleast "descent", yet I feel like a freak sometimes and like it's getting worse. I don't even feel ugly, I actually feel like I look "sick" like some disease.

anyway, I workout so much, I eat right, I take vitamins, protein, supplements, I get a haircut, wax my eyebrows, buy expensive clothes, I'm well groomed and shower everyday,I get straight A's (pursuing a doctorate degree), yet Like I said I am just sad sometimes I feel like it's all for nothing.

And please don't tell me "look at your accomplishments!"; I'm honestly too smart for that "childish" lift me up/fake compliment. I'm very perceptive and realize the true nature of reality which is life then death. All our actions as humans we go unnoticed one day, and are atoms in our body will return to the Universe. Obviously my mental perception a reality is important, but that is the true nature of reality and I'm a truth seeker, even if it hurts.,..

So anyway, I don't know what to do anymore. I hoped I would get some responses from people on this forum since it's medically related, though I know it's tought to give opinions/diagnosis someone over a forum.

It's really weird too, because sometimes I feel like atleast a good looking guy on Earth too some days. But surely, I cannot morph from ugly to good looking?

I don't want any recognition or compliments or "your OK looking", "chill out man, see the world for its beauty" type comments.

I really am just wondering why all my guy friends are in relationships and go party on weekends, while I am single and sit in my room pondering the most absurd B.S.??? Why does my mind do this? I am even INTELLIGENT enough to look at myself and realize how insane it is for me, as a MALE to ponder my looks at this AGE, I mean, come on! I'm supposed to be confident by now, the "confused" teenager age is long behind me. I can only assume I clearly retain defected DNA and thus it has produced but another deficient and failure of an organism; one that by which evolution which follow that by lack of reproduction - my genetic material is washed away. Foolish it sounds, I know, but it's science.

If anyone has comments, chime in. Here is a picture I took about 1 1/2 week ago before going to the gym. I had some good sleep and look faily decent here I presume.
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv273/XxAlbertoxX/DSC00761edit.jpg

I'm discrete. I don't even like people knowing how I think. It bothers me for people to know what's going on in my mind, and I really don't like posting here, but I feel like I need some guidance or help - I feel like I can't get that from my parents (sadly) anymore or anyone for that matter. Truth of the matter is, I don't have any friends....

Eileendd responded:
WHAT DOES THE WAY YOU LOOK HAVE TO DO WITH.BPD.......I DON'T GET IT.....

marysings responded:
Hi. I'm not really sure how to answer your post. For one thing, I do not think you have borderline personality which is what this community is for.

If you aren't posting for compliments, why did you post a link to your picture?

If you really need a self-esteem boost, seek counseling. There are no doctors in this community.

All the best to you,
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

ljude38 responded:
Dude! way to piss off the boarderlines!

marysings replied to ljude38's response:
No one was pissed off. There are no answers for his questions.

I simply suggested he seek help from a therapist.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

yurgal responded:
have u thought of seeing a dermatoligist and most women would go for a guy w higher education of a make over person

Spotlight: Member Stories

The symptoms of me being Bipolar with BPD had been apparent since I was a teenager, but not diagnosed until 10 years ago. I spent my life in Rapid Cyc...More

Helpful Tips

Some Traits Common to People with BPD
People with BPD may have other attributes that are not part of the DSM definition but that researchers believe are common to the disorder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.