Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
First Time Here
AU1973 posted:
Glad I found this group. My diagnosis is Bipolar and BPD. I started having problems back in 2000. I have recently started going to a depression group in my town, but they have never heard of BPD. I haven't worked in 2 years now. I desperately need the Health Insurance! I was fired from my past two jobs. I've lost all my self confidence. I'm scared of me, and failing again. I'm sick to death of trying to "fix" me! I want my life back!

marysings responded:
Hello AU1973,

I'm sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I'm not sure why because you have a very appropriate title. Please excuse me.

You know, my T, Dr.B, told me that a lot of therapists don't know much about Borderline. I've read that we are a thorn to our therapists and they usually only have one Borderline client.

Keep going to the depression group. You need the support.

I would suggest that you go to your nearest Social Security office and look into Disability. It's hard to bare your soul on the application form but fill that application. Be very truthful, hide nothing, and they will pay attention to your paper work.

I would like to get 'fixed' too, but it's not going to happen until you get in to a therapist who knows about Borderline. Keep hunting.

I wish you the best and want to remind you that I'll do my best to watch for your next post.

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My story would take too long. But I've suffered from severe depression most of my life. I also have epilepsy, but it's under control w/meds.

Helpful Tips

how i feel every second of my day....
shaking shivering starting to cry feeling so lonely wanting to die and if you tell people the things that you do they still don't know all ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful