Skip to content

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
Same but Different
AU1973 posted:
I don't seem to have some of the same walls that others here are expressing. I actually love being around people and especially being able to help someone. My anger seems to come from having my feeling invalidated for most of my life, and from the lack of contol I had in my marriage. I have had times that I've exploded at my family and have destroyed the relationship with both my daughters and my sister.
It's when someone does or says something that makes me feel put down or disrespected. Somehow my feeling and words just spew forth like something automatic that doesn't even go through my brain. At the jobs I've had, the things other people have said or done have made me run and quit because of the hurt it caused. There have been a couple of times I have tried to stand up for myself, and that just made things worse. I live alone, I need to get out of this house, I need to work, but the thought of dealing with others and myself scares me to death.

marysings responded:
right now I can't concentrate very well

I will pray for you

Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 21 year old, dual diagnosed, drug addict with BPD both to the extreme, and im hanging on by a thin thread confusingly, too afraid to live ye...More

Helpful Tips

Identifying Borderline Personality Disorder
Thoughts that may indicate BPD Alternate between seeing people as either flawless or evil? Have difficulty remembering the good things ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.