Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
My daughter stopped her Med
moore1gris posted:
My older daughter was diagnosed as personalty disorder, manic depression , bipolar, paranoia. and i just found out she stopped takeing her med's for over a month Do i make her take them or tell her dr frist i don't know if i would be doing her more harm.

marysings responded:
If she is under-age, it's YOUR responsibility to make sure she is taking her medications.

If she is an adult, it's HER responsibility. You should not call her doctor and tell on her.
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

moore1gris responded:
My daughter has since passed away She was 36 From not taking her meds her delusions were worst she was hearing voices Tried to end her life twice Her disease got the best of her. I found her December 19th 2014 A day dose not go by that I could have done more I love and miss her so much my heart is broken

bod27 replied to moore1gris's response:
I am so sorry to hear your daughter lost her struggle with her illness. My heart goes out to you. You did what you could and that is all that is ever expected of a parent. You also respected her as an adult. Don't beat yourself up. Remember her with the happy memories and they will help to hold the broken pieces of your heart together.

Thank you for letting us know and please post here again if you feel the need.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Where do I even start, I guess I am just like everyone else. Been through too much, survived it all, but still not living. I started drinking at age 9...More

Helpful Tips

Identifying Borderline Personality Disorder
Thoughts that may indicate BPD Alternate between seeing people as either flawless or evil? Have difficulty remembering the good things ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.