Skip to content

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
Unable to form intimate bonds with other people, need help?
OmegaBlack posted:
Hey, I'm in my mid 20's and can talk to people rather easily. I actually work in a pharmacy and am in college.

I live at home and commute and work part-time and I try to hit the gym up in my free time.

I play a lot of computer games (actually only one) with online friends and that eats up a lot my time. I don't have a girlfriend so my dad always picks on me for that, and my social interactions with people, even at work, are a bit sketchy. People always define me as "weird" or "annoying" because I can be stubborn and persistent.

I am a very abstract thinker and don't conform to the norms of society so people define me as "odd" right away just based on that, even though I look, atleast I hope, like a normal twenty-somethings male.

Anyway, to my point, I've always been very depressed or bothered by the fact, that even at a young age, I could never attain a deep meaningful relationship with the opposite sex.

Even as far at one point, I thought I must be gay or something so I became really suicidal and stopped eating and was vomiting due to anxiety of being possibly rejected by everyone I love and something that was a "sin".

Anyway, I got over that, had sex a few times and was in a few short term relationships with women and realized I def. liked them.

But as I got older, I found it exceedingly difficult to be intimate with someone; a female.

I also noticed I found alot of traits of "humans" disgusting.

being intimate with someone, next to them, kissing, exchanging bodily fluids - something weird happened to me, and no matter how "attractive" the girl, I began to find these things disgusting. It's almost like I began to loathe the human race.

Its very weird and I still don't understand it, and my parents wonder more and more about me and worry, which in turn makes me really disgusted with myself sometimes.

I don't know exactly whats wrong with me and I try to keep an open mind and analyze myself and certain situations and I think I might be mentally damaged or something.

so I came here and am trying to figure out why I can't be intimate with someone when I'm 25 and I saw people having sex all the time my age and partying, while I spend saturday nights alone at my computer. And I'm not dumb and I can see all of this happen. I just don't get it.

marysings responded:
I suggest you find a therapist.
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 21 year old, dual diagnosed, drug addict with BPD both to the extreme, and im hanging on by a thin thread confusingly, too afraid to live ye...More

Helpful Tips

how i feel every second of my day....
shaking shivering starting to cry feeling so lonely wanting to die and if you tell people the things that you do they still don't know all ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.