Skip to content

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
hey
vanna26 posted:
have bpd, depression, and anxiety i have tryed so many diffrent meds and im trying to educate myself in what med i can take and actually work.. prozac, lexapro, and others have not helped. now wellbutrin is making more irritable and mood swings harder to get out of. my doc wants to try lithem and i just dont know.. i just looked into cymbalta and saw lots of good stuff about it. just wondering if anyone has any reccomendations? i over think and worry and just want to get better and move forward with my life.

loveable4sure responded:
hey, I am new to the site but old to bpd I have not found any drug that will help with bpd but I am treated with geodon and cymbalta for bi polar and I'm on campral for alcoholism that helps with impulse control but I still fly into a rage over small stuff.
I'm finding that the whole over thinking and the catastrophising cannot be helped with meds. I am now trying to get help with that but people have a hard time understanding the agony that comes along with it.
I am reaching out to people and trying to explain that I don't know what it feels like to be comforted so when I try to self sooth I don't know what feeling I am supposed to have. none of this is easy but I'm still trying.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i will update my story later when i have more time but i would like to say that the previous story that i posted was wrong. not on purpose but by acci...More

Helpful Tips

Some Traits Common to People with BPD
People with BPD may have other attributes that are not part of the DSM definition but that researchers believe are common to the disorder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.