Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
I NEED HELP OR I WILL DIE
xceilingxfanx posted:
I have something very wrong with my mind. I have been compulsively thinking about the idea of determinism for so long that it seems to have taken over my subconscious. I literally do not feel in control of anything. I used to feel very different. I felt a sense of control without thinking about it at all. I have questioned each and every choice over and over again subconsciously and it seems as though nothing is truly a choice.

it seems to me that we perceive it as a choice when it happens but in reality it's just happening TO us. Nothing gives me hope. I have been this way for several months and everyday I think it might be different today and it isn't. I try to put my mind on other things and reprogram it to believe int he illusion of choice but I can't do that if I truly do not believe I have a choice.

I have gotten so far in my life and I have just beaten Cancer. Now this monster has appeared and nothing in my life seems real anymore. My beautiful boyfriend Clifford.... my beautiful family.... I feel like I must kill myself and I DO NOT WANT TO!!!!!!!!!!

I go through the rounds everyday like a cycle. I can't decide what choices are my own and what is involuntary because I have somehow convinced my subconscious that choices are illusions. this leads me to think that people may also be illusions including the illusion of me. I refuse to think about such thoughts but still they come creeping through. I can't sleep anymore without my Tamazapam and I'm pretty sure that's going to run thin too. My beliefs rotate like gears being rotated by someone else and I can't decide for myself what is real. I have talked to so many people and gotten nowhere.

If I'm so in control then why can't I just decide to believe the world is not deterministic? It used to feel obvious that it wasn't but I felt that I was denying and I have been denying it for so long that I think it is real now.

I am at my wits end here and I just want to know if anyone thinks medication can help me feel in control again because I don't think anything will.

I am committing suicide by thought and eventually once I exacerbate every effort to eliminate this problem I wind up with suicide as the only way out and again... I don't want that.

Thoughts and emotions always changing.... I'm making less and less sense the more I try to figure this out but I can't just stop trying to figure it out..... I feel I have lost myself and I can't get back.

WHY GOD WHY? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marysings responded:
The best advice is to see a psychiatric doctor for medications and ask him/her to help you find a therapist.

I wish you the merriest Christmas!
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've had major depression and mood swings for years. I suffered some serious trauma in my childhood. My father was verbally abusive to me and phys...More

Helpful Tips

Some Traits Common to People with BPD
People with BPD may have other attributes that are not part of the DSM definition but that researchers believe are common to the disorder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.