Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
New and old all at once
babybleu_4u posted:
Hi I used to come here alot a few years ago, i tried getting back on here a few monthes ago and then my computer crashed, soooo I am back again fingers crossed that I can keep things up and running for a while.
Hi I am babybleu, 40 yr old single mom,, dx'd with bpd about 10 yrs ago.
I have had many hospital stays and in and out of treatment. Right now I am stuck in a place that I am limited by the number of therapists there are, (2) neither really believe bpd is a real diagnosis, and a total of 2 pysc dr's who again don't think it's real,, and certainly don't think I fit in it. Since they have talked to me all of maybe a hr total in a yr. I am fighting hard to be heard and listened to. But I am failing , I have started cycling again, I have bipolar traits where I cycle from up to down, I am a rapid cycler so I swing in a matter of hrs, several times a day. Which they keep telling me isn't possible because bipolar swings aren't that rapid. AUUGGHHHHH then you tell me whats going on please,,, as to i get no response from said drs. So I am trying to self treat. and to be honest it's not working out so well.
I have also recently been dx'd with fibromyalgia which isn't helping anything, I can't get anti depressants increased becuase of the fibro meds, and there is no one in my area that will treat anxiety with medication.
Im sorry I am more or less just ranting and whinning,, but I just need someone to listen and understand??
Anyone out there?
chin up, eyes clear, moving forward!

marysings responded:
I noticed that you had posted a week ago. I usually check here daily, but I'm buried under the bookwork for our business.

There are numerous symptoms for all people diagnosed with a mental health illness that are common. Borderline Personality Disorder and Bipolar are diffirent. Because you mentioned "BP", I am thinking you meant Bipolar.

Self treatment is very difficult to do and I admire your efforts, however, if I was in your position, I would find a therapist who can at least help your rapid mood swings.

I also have fibromyalgia. For a while I was on Cymbalta and the FM was much more managable.

I hope I have been helpful. If you need to come back here for reassurance that you haven't lost your mind entirely ( feel free to return. If nothing but "I understand where you are" I'll try to check in to this community daily.

All the best to you,
Mary
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

babybleu_4u replied to marysings's response:
Thanks Mary,,
Ya I know Bi polar and bpd are very different I just wish more dr's did. LOL
Im trying to find some kind of therapist but not having much luck at all.
But Staying strong or as strong as I know how to be right now.
As far as the fibro,, ehhhh I have been on cymbalta but had bad side effects,, so now I am on savella but not helping very much, the hardest part is becuase cymbalta and savella are both snri type antidepressants my psyc dr wont give me any other antidepressants. I keep telling him I need more cuz this isn't getting better.
He thinks everything has to do with my mother passing this summer,, I like ok,, great but what about the 3 yrs before that when things were exactly like this??
Oh well,,,,,thanks again for listening!
ps mary are you mary from two rivers?

marysings replied to babybleu_4u's response:
Yup - I'm that Mary.
I'm strong willed and I tell it like it is. I make mistakes, I'm sometimes out of control, but I love and give with all my heart. Have patience with me as I heal.

babybleu_4u replied to marysings's response:
YAAAA!!!! It's me,, babybleu =o) I hope you have been doing ok,, since I have talked to you in like forever ago. Im back in KY for now I hate it here and am looking to try and move soon. But we will see if I manage to do it or not. =o)
Are any others still here?

marysings replied to babybleu_4u's response:
I don't believe that I've ever had someone else on WebMD who have been to two rivers. If you ever have to return hold onto your head 'cause nothing is the same in the trauma unit. The rules are almost as time consuming to learn as the rest of the stuff going on.

I hope you find a place to live with easy access to mental health treatment.

Mary

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Brittany. I was raised in an emotionally, verbally, and physically abusive household. I just moved out of that household a year ago (I&...More

Helpful Tips

Some Traits Common to People with BPD
People with BPD may have other attributes that are not part of the DSM definition but that researchers believe are common to the disorder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.