Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
what am I?
kaykillen posted:
I find myself very strange. maybe because im not very confident with myself. it's hard for me to get comfortable and dont know how to deal with new people.
I get depress for no reason. Im not interested and dont care with other people.
generally it seems like im tired with my life but if i dont have the courage to end it. hoping for a change is fading. success is no longer my interest. I call God but He's not answering me nor giving me more strength. I'm losing this battle and I'l all alone

loveable4sure responded:
kaykillen, I feel for you. It sounds like you are at the jumping off point. It is hard to be comfortable with others when you are not comfortable with yourself. You said you get depressed for no reason, I disagree, you may be depressed because you suffer from depression. It is a diagnosis that has been shown on pet scans. It affects everything and I suggest you see a doctor because you sound like you are in a really bad place.
I was there not too long ago I ended up cutting myself and ended up in the hospital.
I was drinking a lot thinking that I was making myself feel better until I realized that I have a severe mental illness that cannot be treated if I kept drinking. It was that realization that helped me quit drinking and go to a partial care program. I am blessed that I am on ssi and can afford to spend my days working on my illness. I hope that I will be able to learn enough and change my thinking enough to be able to maintain with just counseling.
When I was in the pit of dispair I asked God for help but my mood was so black I couldn't see where he was helping me. I was praying with one thought and telling myself that it was a waste of time with the next thought. I just thank God that I was diagnosed and treated. I now take meds for bi polar and depression. I was missing chemicals that I needed. Since I have been on the meds I don't get so low. It is not easy dealing with the emotions that are out of control but I am still fighting. I know that I learn a little more every day and it does get easier.
I hope this helps you.

kaykillen replied to loveable4sure's response:
thank you. yeah it must be the chemical lacking in my brains apart from what i've been through that i cant let go.
i dont really have the money for my medication. my healthcare doesnt cover any mental illness examination. i just started with my life. living without a family. im the only one taking care of myself

Spotlight: Member Stories

Where do I even start, I guess I am just like everyone else. Been through too much, survived it all, but still not living. I started drinking at age 9...More

Helpful Tips

Some Traits Common to People with BPD
People with BPD may have other attributes that are not part of the DSM definition but that researchers believe are common to the disorder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.