Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
ANGER .....TRIGGER
sittingbull594 posted:
MY HUSBANDS MOM DIED LAST NIGHT. WE WERE NOT CLOSE. SHE WAS A HOLY TERROR TO EVERYONE WHO EVER CROSSED HER PATH AND THAT IS NOT A DETERMINATION BY ME ITS BY EVERYONE I EVER TALKED TO INCLUDING HER DAUGHTER RECENTLY WHO SAID EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED IN MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MIL WAS NOT MY FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW. TRYING TO HOLD ONTO THAT. I'M FEELING OFF KILTER, ANXIOUS AND YUCKY FOR SURE. TRYING NOT TO DO BAD BEHAVIORS. I DON'T KNOW WHERE THIS IS ALL COMING FROM WELL YEAH SOME JEALOUSY CUZ BIL HAD EVERYTHING ALWAYS HANDED TO HIM AND HE WAS MAJOR DRUGGY. APPARENTLY FOLKS OF HIS PAID HIS HOUSE PAYMENT EVERY MONTH. APPARENTLY THERE IS NOTHING LEFT??? HOW CAN THAT BE??? WHEN THERE WERE HUGE DIAMONDS THAT NO ONE EXCEPT THE SIL AND BIL HAD ACCESS TO. BUT PAR FOR THE COURSE AS IT ALWAYS HAD BEEN. MAY HAVE TO SEE THE BIL TODAY AS HE HAS TO COME OVER TO HAVE HUBBY SIGN A PAPER SO HUBBY GIVES PERMISSION FOR CREMATION. UGH UGH UGH ... THE FATHER JUST DIED ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO AND HUBBY WENT TO FUNERAL BUT WON'T GO TO HIS MOTHERS. I DIDN'T GO TO FATHERS AS I WAS REALLY SICK THEN WITH FLU. O WELL.... I'M TRYING TO RECONCILE THIS IN MY HEAD AND BE OK AND NOT BE REIGNED IN MY MIL WHO IS GONE NOW. ITS LIKE OK JUST LET IT GO ALREADY! I DID LOVE MIL EVEN THO I DONT KNOW WHY??? SHE WAS SO MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOT JUST TO ME BUT TO HUBBY AND TO MY KIDS. I'M NOT RELEASHING IN THE FACT SHE'S GONE ONLY TO HOPE THAT THEY ALL WILL BE GONE TOO TO LEAVE US ALONE. SHE WAS THE LAST TIE THO HEARD FROM HIS STUPID UNCLE TOO. RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ICK POO
May God walk before you. b.e.f.

marysings responded:
Sometimes you just have to put on your big girl panties. All though you weren't even friends with your MIL, your husband needs to know that you are by his side. If you don't go to the visitation or funeral it will be the talk of the town.

Go to the visitation and sit near the back of the room. Go to the funeral, sit with the family and most of all, remember God will be by your side. Also remember that I have been your shoes. I know your feelings.

The final thing is to be a great pretender! For one day you can do this!! I KNOW you can do this!

Hugs,
Mary
... but we rejoice in our afflictions because we know that affliction produces endurance, endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. Romans 5:3b

sittingbull594 replied to marysings's response:
MY HUSBAND DOES KNOW I'M ON HIS SIDE. I ASKED HIM. HE WENT TO BIL HOUSE TODAY AND HANDLED THE PAPERS. BIL LIED TO ME LIED TO HUSBAND AND LORDIE ONLY KNOWS WHO ELSE IS LIEING.
THERE WILL BE NO VISITAITON. ONLY a funeral and reception after the funeral. Yes I will remember Mary that God is by my side. That is really great advice and I see God is talking thru you!
Yes I can be a pretender. there's a 60's guy that sings The Pretender" its what I ended up being all my life to afraid to live life on lifes terms. I guess?? g nite mary. thank you for answering my post. it means a lot! I will seriously mull over all you have said. I've had a few people go out that I had big issues with especially some who were at one time in my life very big staples in my life.
GOTTA REMEMBER IT IS WHAT IT IS AND FORGEEET ABOUUUUT IT.
May God walk before you. b.e.f.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've battled depression since I was 5 years old when my father suddenly passed away, but it was never treated until I was almost 40. Needless to s...More

Helpful Tips

Identifying Borderline Personality Disorder
Thoughts that may indicate BPD Alternate between seeing people as either flawless or evil? Have difficulty remembering the good things ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.