Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
Unsure of Diagnosis
An_251836 posted:
So about two years ago I was diagnosed with BPD and to me it makes perfect sense but to the people around me...They kinda write me off when we discuss it. I totally see it in me, maybe not as severe as some but now they have me wondering if the diagnosis is correct. My family thinks I'm just manipulative, impulsive and irresponsible. I started with cutting when I was young, then drinking, drugs, abusive relationships, impulsive dangerous behavior. It's been a pattern and I'm wondering if anyone else has had issues with family and friends believing diagnosis of BPD and how did you get them to come around?

sittingbull594 responded:
my fam thinks o so you're overly emotional no biggie!
they don't get the whole thing. So basically it comes down to that most people don't get mental illness.
May God walk before you. b.e.f.

Spotlight: Member Stories

The symptoms of me being Bipolar with BPD had been apparent since I was a teenager, but not diagnosed until 10 years ago. I spent my life in Rapid Cyc...More

Helpful Tips

how i feel every second of my day....
shaking shivering starting to cry feeling so lonely wanting to die and if you tell people the things that you do they still don't know all ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful