Skip to content

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
It's been one of those days ...
An_251855 posted:
I'm new to the site, just joined so I'm still learning how this works. I guess I just needed some kind of outlet. I do have friends and family I can talk to and I have an understanding boyfriend , as well as a therapist. However, I don't think they truly understand what I'm going through inside and I thought it might be helpful to try this.

I'm 34 and I have been diagnosed with BPD and clinical depression, approximately 5 years ago. I have good days and bad days. Lately, they have been mostly bad.

I had a big fight with my mother, which was my trigger today. I tried self soothing by distracting myself with watching my favorite tv shows. I hung out with my boyfriend and that helped me for a few hours but as soon as he left, it was back to the tears and the aching in my chest and that awful feeling of emptiness and hopelessness in the pit of my stomach.

I am curious to know what medication works for you? I'm on Wellbutrin and I'm going to be taking a small dosage of Seroquel starting next week. I've tried so many different drugs and I'm starting to lose hope that I will ever live a somewhat "normal" life. This constant up and down roller coaster ride is making me feel like a prisoner in my own body.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. It feels good to get it off my chest and not have to worry I'm being judged or pitied.

sittingbull594 responded:
I don't have any answers sorry. medicine does work differently for many many people types and dosages so you can't really get the goose for the gander type of thing with this. My only answer is that if you think your medication isn't working talk to your doc
May God walk before you. b.e.f.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi everyone my name is steve i have bpd along with other illness .please disguard my bad spelling but will due the best i can. I am new to this group ...More

Helpful Tips

Identifying Borderline Personality Disorder
Thoughts that may indicate BPD Alternate between seeing people as either flawless or evil? Have difficulty remembering the good things ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.