Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
mary
sittingbull594 posted:
just wanted to say I won't shout anymore. I apologize. I was not upset with you at all its just I get upset and have the need to write big.

I hope you will come back.

huggers
May God walk before you. b.e.f.

marysings responded:
I was never mad at you, I simply am staying away while I work through several things in therapy.

To add to the mental difficulties I have, I also have some pretty rotten physical problems. Somedays are okay, but too many days are difficult.

I hope you are doing well and have plans to enjoy this holiday weekend.

My father and mother were in the US Army. They served in Korea - my father was an officer and my mother was assigned to a MASH unit. My younger son is in his 15th year in the Marines.

Oh, something for me to brag about (well toot my horn) ... my father was in the Central Intelligence Division of the Army and when we moved back to the states (I was , he worked a lot at the Pentagon. I have about a dozen 8x11 glossy photographs of his funeral. In the background of several pictures is Lynden B. Johnson. hmmmm
... but we rejoice in our afflictions because we know that affliction produces endurance, endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. Romans 5:3b

sittingbull594 replied to marysings's response:
very cool! you bet we have to toot sometimes and not from eating musical fruit!!

hope I gave you a smile!!

I understand you not wanting to be russled while you're working on things in therapy and also recognize the issues of pain as im in the same boat!

I'm glad you weren't mad. have a good day and I hope this will help you start in a better spot thru your therapy gains and get rid ofs.

marysings replied to sittingbull594's response:
Just wanted to let you know that I'm still around. Severely depressed and spending most of my time in bed.

I am hurting and I can't go into details.

what about "may God walk with you" I don't want to follow him around like a little Chinese wife has to stay behind her spouse

just a thought

Mary
... but we rejoice in our afflictions because we know that affliction produces endurance, endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. Romans 5:3b

den51 replied to marysings's response:
I am so sorry you are hurting mary Hold the hand of the ONE that created everything, and you will find peace.

sittingbull594 replied to den51's response:
Hi Mary,

I think dem had a good idea to hold the hand of the ONE who created everything. Have you ever read the book the Shack??

I think it would explain a lot of things to you. I think that said that its not a cure all because nothing is.

I know and feel how hard it is for you right now. so sorry to hear that.

may God walk before you mean.... You are not a Chinese wife behind her spouse but a proud Christian who would be proud to walk in the presense of God. God only shows us what needs to be shown.

I'm so every so so sorry for all you have endured. Truly terrible horrible stuff!

I know you believe.....
I hope you can coax your mind back here to tell us you're feeling a bit better? but if not better than how you're doing anyways cuz its always an open forum right?

It's always good to think Mary!!! I find myself overthinking things is my problem. I find myself trying to think to make it go away but its always back in some shape or form so then I decide I will accept and the other piece is to change which I think is what your journey is all about too Mary.

Huggers

Dr.B sent me home with instructions to use the time until next Tuesday to renew my relationship with God. He played several songs for me and encouraged me to find more uplifting music.

My husband and I need couples counseling but Dr.B won't do it. He tried a few years ago and during the third - and final - session he told my husband that he couldn't do it any more because the way my husband treated me made him too angry.

Good news, we found that a new person is going to open a counseling center about 30 minutes away. My husband is willing to go there. I'll update more when I get the information.

I'm tired and need to sign off. I hope you are doing well.

Mary

Hey
Don't know what happened to my post. I thought when I posted yesterday this posted too?? guess it got eaten.
I'm pretty good. Trying to do the next right thing. fighting with my body and mind as usual.

I hope you can find the connection you so richly deserve. I know its hard cuz I've often fought off God and all he has to offer us.

Did you find some uplifting music then? I know that music can often persuade me to be unlevel or very good. I just know that happier music is better for me unless i'm trying to meditate.

I hope you can go to couples counceling. It might really be one of the coolest things you've ever done???

I'm sleepy and gotta go and I hope you as well are doing better and are feeling better! you sound better some.

Today is Wednesday, June 12. I am feeling a bit better. I had a good session with Dr.B and then with my pdoc. She upped my Geodon.

Yes, I found some great music at the iTunes store and some I already had on my computer. Now if I could just find the short cord to transfer from iTunes to my iPod...I had it in my hands a week ago but it's not where it is supposed to be. rats

I probably won't be online for a while. Three of my grandchildren are coming tomorrow, Thursday, and staying until Saturday afternoon.

Sunday morning my husband and I leave for a business trip and won't be home until next Thursday.

The couples counseling is something we have needed ever since I had the breakdown. I know it will be the best thing we've decided to do in a long time. It's kind of strange to need counseling after nearly 40 years of marriage.

I need to sign off. I have a ton of things to take care of before tomorrow.

I hope you stay well and have a good week.

Mary

mary,
best to you! hope you have a good trip and also have a fun time with your grandchildren!!

Safe travels and wishing you a good time! Enjoy each other cuz its all we gots.

me

Spotlight: Member Stories

Where do I even start, I guess I am just like everyone else. Been through too much, survived it all, but still not living. I started drinking at age 9...More

Helpful Tips

Some Traits Common to People with BPD
People with BPD may have other attributes that are not part of the DSM definition but that researchers believe are common to the disorder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful