Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
schizoaffective or bpd with ptsd
sittingbull594 posted:
How do you think these disorders are similar or different from each other?

The pdoc said the paranoia was from bpd. Have you ever known anyone with any of these disorders all together?? Or as the subject line reads?

Would love feedback.

Mary where'd you go??? HOpe you're ok
May God walk before you. b.e.f.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

marysings responded:
still around, just very very busy
... but we rejoice in our afflictions because we know that affliction produces endurance, endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. Romans 5:3b

sittingbull594 replied to marysings's response:
glad you're still around and hope you have the time to smell the roses

marysings replied to sittingbull594's response:
My pdoc increased Geodon to 60mg twice a day. My rhuemetologist started me on Metaxalone 800mg three times a day. It's messing with me but most of the muscle pain is diminishing. The Geodon increase makes me slow down. I feel like a turtle wanting to move fast but can't make the body cooperate. I know it will all get better pretty soon.

Hope all is well/better for you.

Bye for now. I'll write more later.

Mary
... but we rejoice in our afflictions because we know that affliction produces endurance, endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. Romans 5:3b

O I always didn't get a long to well with meds changes either Mary. Be gentle with yourself. Ouch! sorry to hear you have ra! its a mean disease!

My husband has ra and also has inflammation of the muscles! He is on humira methotrexate and some other stuff. He's doing so much better and finally his apt to return has went back to 6 mos. tho he has to have monthly blood draws.

Yes the antiphychotics can really slow ya down that's for sure.
I always akin to walking thru mud.

Well lady, you take good care of yourself. I've been struggling but have managed to stay with the living so what more can you ask for!

I'm moving better and feeling better. My appetite is usually poor, but the change in meds has increased my hunger. Worst is usually in the late evening. I need to keep busy or go to bed or I'll eat. I would like to just feel 'normal' sometime. hmmmm I really wonder what THAT would feel like.

I'm sorry your husband has RA. I've heard that it is a nasty and painful disease. I have Fibromyalgia which I expect is about as painful as RA. His is joints and mine is muscles and tendons. Whew - it's a good we aren't married or we would have to hang a sign "turn around and run" on the bad days! LOL

We're off on another business trip this week. We leave Thursday and return on Tuesday. I like this convention with the vendors showing off the new jewelry designs. So many of them are like brothers and sisters. Albert says it truly is a family reunion twice a year. (January and July)

I've lost 50 pounds over the last several years (I seem stuck at 200) but my body doesn't really show the loss. I've heard about shapewear and I'm going to buy a bra-to-midcalf today. I want to wear it at the convention. Call me vain, but I would sure feel better if I looked better. I know if I would get out of the house and walk hard everyday I would look better but that's hard to do with muscle spasms and depression. I stay in the house because I burn very easily. Well, I give my husband a laundry list of why I don't exercise and he doesn't understand. I wonder what it will really take to get me motivated? My weight goal is 155. I've been there before and I felt awesome.

I haven't forgotten your original post and when we are at the convention I'll get out this laptop and post some information. I get very tired just wandering up and down the isles and having this laptop is a god-send.

By the way, how did you come up with 'sittingbull594'? Do you have Indian blood in your history? I'm 1/16th Otoe which means nothing but I am interested in researching the tribe.

I need to put laundry into the dryer. I hope you have a blessed Sunday.

Mary

good morning mary

Yes I know that having pain is a real problem! i'm off and on with it but i'm sure my pain is nothing like your's or my hubby

I'm glad you're taking good care of yourself. I found a good book on Amazon last night that i'm going to order. its about bpd. man the section that It talks about all that we have was like a real eye opener. i'm going to have my husband read it today! whether he wants to or not!

I'm glad you're pdoc is taking care of you as well. Remember I knew you before and this is a new name for me cuz I felt like someone was tracking me.

I was 145 once and wore a size 9 until I got on antiphychotics. it really bums me out i'm 257 as of this weigh in this morning. I know what you mean by a big weight loss. I know you and I can tell it but others usually can't which sucks. I'm really happy for you Mary! for loosing that huge amount of weight and keeping it off!

I've read that the eating is just like all the other addictions we have and the dbt can work for it too. I know I overate dinner last night but it was so darn good I couldn't stand it.

the name sittingbull594.... well it just came to me oddly enough. it wasn't well planned out or anything. it just popped in as do so many things for me. the no's were just like that too. I am actually 1/16th Indian blood as well. My moms dad or mom can't remember had Indian in them and so it was passed down. You wouldn't know that to look at me at all. I don't remember what tribe it was tho... I know it was a predominate one tho. Cherokee i'm guessing??

isn't that funny! and odd. I've never heard of Otoe? You always seem so alive to me Mary. I was up till 12 or 1 ruminating which just drives me crazy. then my friend called at 8 this morning and woke me up! growl. I awoke at 5 and was going to get outta bed but didn't and had fallen back to sleep for a little while when she called. she's a good gal and didn't i'm sure realize that on a weekend she's calling to early.

o well. i'll catch up somewhere.

I will have a blessed Sunday thank you and you do the same.

It was a really nice post of yours. Thanks.

I really don't know how to handle this situation, so I'll just be frank and to the point.

I am not worried at all that people know I have depression. Some may even know I am Borderline and that's okay. It's not information I usually talk about with others but if asked, I feel it's not threatening to me to explain depression and Borderline.

What bothers me horribly is the statement you wrote:
"I know you and I can tell it..."

Please call me at home and tell me who you are. If you don't call this conversation is over and that would make me sad. I've enjoyed our posts and would like to continue.

Mary

Mary,
First off I don't have your telephone no. Secondly, I don't contact people on the phone from the boards.

I'll just tell you I was bubbles and before that I was someone else. Because I have a business to protect I cannot and I'm really sorry cannot tell you my first identity.

If you care to give me an email address I could tell you but I can't do otherwise. What I do for aliving is tied to some of these forums and that is why I cannot give you my first identiy
or my first name. I'm really sorry.

I think maybe you misconstrued my meaning of I know you and I can tell it..... What I meant is that when you're over 200 lbs. and you start loosing weight then its hard to notice from other people. I lost 30 lbs back in 2000 and nobody noticed at all.
Maybe its correct that for me no one notices and that for you its ok and people do notice when you loose a few pounds.

I'm sorry if I scared you. and that I bothered you horribly.
That was not my intentions at all! I'm not exactly sure what bothers you about the sentence I wrote but I can only tell you the way it is like I just did. I did not mean to insult you or hurt you in any way.

I too have enjoyed our posts and would like to continue.

I read this post of yours a couple of times. Do you know paja on the sh board?? or LLT lovely lemon tree?? They know me and can vouch for me. If they can call you they would tell you who I am. o ALSO slik_kitty I know personally. She lives in same state as me and isn't to far away. I have had coffee with her a few times.

I'm sorry that's the best I can do. I've been coming to these boards for a very long time. Over a decade. I was dx'd with this disorder probably about a year ago but did frequent this board under first name before that. I just had a hunch I was borderline.

Well Mary, If we have to part ways I will be sad but I'll understand if we do. Take care.

My husband and I own a business, so I understand your reluctance to reveal yourself. It seems in this small town of 2,233 everyone knows that I am mentally ill. It is quite frustrating. One day I called a wrong number and got flustered. I hung up after trying to tell the man I simply dialed his number by accident. Within three minutes, Albert called to see if I was all right. The wrong number man called to tell Albert that there was something wrong with me. I was ticked royally, of course.

My WebMD disposable email is
ymm1954-wmd@yahoo.com

I really would like to hear from you. What you reveal to me will NEVER be shared, especially not here. Please trust me.

Yes, I am good friends with Paja. We call each other once in a while. She's a good person. I've known LLT for a long time, also.

I'll be anxious to hear from you.

Mary

marysings replied to marysings's response:
If you live near slik-kitty, then you live far away from me. There is no need to send me an email. I had imagined you living in this town and for a moment I felt threatened. I'm okay and you're okay.

I have an urgent prayer request. If you don't pray, then just think good thoughts for our business. At the end of June we were just 7% behind last year-to-date. July 1 came along and the cash register is silent. The store needs business and needs it NOW. We have bills to pay and no money to pay them with. A nice sale failed yesterday because the bride got cold feet.

I see Dr.B today. It will be a very difficult session. I had to write about the "banana day" and cover 5 topics: Safety, Trust, Control/Power, Esteem, and Intimacy. I then had to finish with 3 statements how the event affected me, the community around me, and the world at large. It took me 6 days to write it. There was a lot of anger, and a boat load of tears. I don't think I have cried so much for a long time.

I know Paja, LLT, and slik-kitty from the SA board. I sure miss Caprice (Ruth is her real name). I think all the boards have slowed down because the moderators were let go. Since then WebMD has won several awards for finance and something else I can't remember. Who cares? I sent an email to the board of directors but I doubt anyone read it. On the SA board I believe we have lost one person to suicide. I think Caprice could have been very affective in helping this person. I tried but haven't seen them around in a long time.

Well, I need to get ready for my trip today. It's good talking with you.

Mary

hey girl

I'm glad you're ok with me! I'm glad that you are friends with my friends I've been connected to here for so long!

Yesh Caprice was def. effective in helping us.

I'm sorry you will be having a difficult session today. UGH!

I will say prayers for you and albert and the business!

I will write a small email just to let you know who I am ok?

YOu take good care now and I'm glad we're able to stay friends.

den51 replied to gettoknowme's response:
wow so i need to put to put mu cents in to this. Mary you say your best friends with paja really??/ you were not saying that we she said you want to sleep with your doctor. I was there for you and yet you want nothing ti do with me?? i cared. about you. people can be close friends off the boards, she has become very dear to me and i love her to death. so when it comes this speak for yourself. not everyone is like you as for anything else/ i trad all the boards you talk about me any where else. o will jump in hard. as to the person that wrote above me. great job i could have not said it any better

gettoknowme replied to den51's response:
I get the feeling that they don't want to chat with me.That's fine with me cause now I know that was all assumption and she don't know what she's talking about.It's sad when one will do this to another without being there to witness anything.

All I have to say is I hope and pray to god that that person is somewhere still on this earth to prove her wrong.

I sense that you two had a bond and then it went sour.I founded out a long time ago that these boards are good to chat on but once you sign out then that's it.Never let anyone from your online life into your personal life,that could be very damaging if you don't watch yourself.

Some people are just selfish and don't care about hurting anyone.Just as long as it's not them getting hurt.One thing that most people don't fully get is that everything comes back in full circle so when you you've gotten away with doing something,it'll come back and bite you in the pants hard.

That includes me as well after all nobody is perfect.But for heavens sake have some kind of respect for everyone else.

I'll still be around if anyone wants to chat!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 21 year old, dual diagnosed, drug addict with BPD both to the extreme, and im hanging on by a thin thread confusingly, too afraid to live ye...More

Helpful Tips

Identifying Borderline Personality Disorder
Thoughts that may indicate BPD Alternate between seeing people as either flawless or evil? Have difficulty remembering the good things ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.