Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
    I have lost all hope
    carol1211k posted:
    I've been diagnosed with BPD. I was in therapy for years, and despite some very rough circumstances in life, I was getting much better. But since I've married my husband of 3 years, I have gotten steadily worse. He has severe depression, and major anger issues and outbursts. He is emotionally and verbally abusive. I feel like we are toxic for each other. I know that I, at least, am sliding back into BPD behavior that I hadn't had trouble with for almost 10 years.

    There's more to the story, there always is. But all I want to do now is hide in my bedroom and sleep. I can't live like this for another 20 years, or however much time I have left. I don't really want to commit suicide, but I just don't want to live anymore. I hope that makes sense.
    sittingbull594 responded:
    hi carol

    Have you intertained the thought of couples counceling?
    It might be the thing you're after. Or if you do that together and it doesn't work out how about divorce? legal separation??

    making him move out?? there are lawyers in every state who will do pro bono work. FREE. look online for probono lawyers in your area. Usually only major cities.

    I'm sorry you're having such a rough go of it. May I ask the procedure you went thru to get rid of the bpd behaviors??

    and what did you use when or what happened??

    thanks i'm really interested in your story of recovery and relapse. sb
    May God walk before you. b.e.f.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    i will update my story later when i have more time but i would like to say that the previous story that i posted was wrong. not on purpose but by acci...More

    Helpful Tips

    Identifying Borderline Personality Disorder
    Thoughts that may indicate BPD Alternate between seeing people as either flawless or evil? Have difficulty remembering the good things ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    40 of 42 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.