Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
I have lost all hope
carol1211k posted:
I've been diagnosed with BPD. I was in therapy for years, and despite some very rough circumstances in life, I was getting much better. But since I've married my husband of 3 years, I have gotten steadily worse. He has severe depression, and major anger issues and outbursts. He is emotionally and verbally abusive. I feel like we are toxic for each other. I know that I, at least, am sliding back into BPD behavior that I hadn't had trouble with for almost 10 years.

There's more to the story, there always is. But all I want to do now is hide in my bedroom and sleep. I can't live like this for another 20 years, or however much time I have left. I don't really want to commit suicide, but I just don't want to live anymore. I hope that makes sense.

sittingbull594 responded:
hi carol

Have you intertained the thought of couples counceling?
It might be the thing you're after. Or if you do that together and it doesn't work out how about divorce? legal separation??

making him move out?? there are lawyers in every state who will do pro bono work. FREE. look online for probono lawyers in your area. Usually only major cities.

I'm sorry you're having such a rough go of it. May I ask the procedure you went thru to get rid of the bpd behaviors??

and what did you use when or what happened??

thanks i'm really interested in your story of recovery and relapse. sb
May God walk before you. b.e.f.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 64 and divorced and single. I have 3 children and 3 grandchildren, but they aren't really involved in my life. I married an abusive man wh...More

Helpful Tips

how i feel every second of my day....
shaking shivering starting to cry feeling so lonely wanting to die and if you tell people the things that you do they still don't know all ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.