Skip to content

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
Need support ASAP
Llsibb posted:
I'm in the middle of recovering from a major breakdown after a failed suicide attempt 3 days ago. The trigger was when I lost my job that I so loved. And it was the only place that I ever felt like I was normal. Everyone was happy with me. I never lost my temper and did my best. Always got compliments from coworkers and the sales people as well as management. I had no idea that something was wrong. Until this past Monday I was told that the job is not gonna workout and I'm fired. They wanted to offer me a severance but I blacked out and totally lost my mind. And I went to do what I thought will make things better. I failed. I passed out right after sending out an email to the entire company asking them to make sure they take care of my wife. It's not the first time this happened to me. I've had many times in the past those feelings. I always run to the risky behavior without caring about the end results. I'm sure some of you can understand me. I grew up with persnts that never told me they love me. Never said anything nice to me. Was constantly abused physically and emotionally. Was always bullied in school. Was molested many times. And when I told my father I just got another beating. I can go on and on. Now I'm a very lucky guy to have such an amazing wife that stands by me in my darkest times. That's whats keeping me alive. But it seems like ppl think I'm a real nice guy but I can also be moody ?? I don't see it. I also have major anxiety and I sometimes have panic attacks and scary dreams. After trying to make sense of what's wrong with me and what I can do to make sure I can live a normal life I think I fit the description of BPD it's actually scary of how many things I do all the time without even realizing it. So here's my problem. I know it's bad to self diagnose but other then my wife's amazing support I got nothing to hold on to except for this discussion in hopes I can get some answers and information like who to talk to? And to have other ppl that really know the feeling that can support me and advise on how to proceed. I really don't wanna take a chance in letting this slide under the carpet like before and be worried that its gonna happen again and again. I need help now

mandybutterflykiss responded:
Lisibb,

Have you considered finding a support group in your local community to connect with? See a Therapist? Call a Peer Support Line.

I applaud you for trying to get a grip on this before it "slides." You tried SI 3 days ago... Can you call your local ER? You Doc? So as to seek a brief hospital stay that may help?

Blessings to you.

katellawellnesscenter responded:
Hello, Friend
Suicide is not solution or cure of any disease,BPD is not a major disease which have no cure.It can be recover by a proper medicine and right treatment.BPD person can live a normal life.They need their family support.people that really know the feeling that can support them and advise on how to proceed in better life.

eric1954 responded:
All I can offer is sympathy and understanding. You've been through a lot. You should see a doctor if you haven't already. You need help and they can help you. It takes time but help is out there. My deepest sorrow for what you're going through. I've been through many of the same things and I have to take medicine to help me cope. I hope you seek help.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've had major depression and mood swings for years. I suffered some serious trauma in my childhood. My father was verbally abusive to me and phys...More

Helpful Tips

Some Traits Common to People with BPD
People with BPD may have other attributes that are not part of the DSM definition but that researchers believe are common to the disorder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.