Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
August Gratitude List
sittingbull594 posted:

Today is my 34th wedding anniversary... we're working but i'm grateful for work and a wonderful man!

Learning to observe and describe so when i'm feeling overwhelmed I can just do this and not be bothered with other things. It's hard to be aware of when you need to do this but ....

YOU!
May God walk before you. b.e.f.

sittingbull594 responded:

Gratitude for the day:

tomatoes on my tomatoe plant

colorful flowers outside and in

rain which we've had quiet a bit of the mo. of July and I think it may have rained in Aug. too so far.

marysings responded:

We added an extra day to our trip and enjoyed it very much. Door County, Wisconsin, is a wonderful place! It was nice to be with our extended family and our son, dil, and grandson. We stayed in a cabin - two generations - sleeping nearly side by side. I learned that next vacation I MUST take my cpap machine. My dil bought earplugs. I felt bad, realized that she solved the problem, and put it out of my mind. I couldn't change anything and IT WAS OK. I was amazed that I accepted my situation so easily. DrB will be pleased.

I feel good. Three days of walking all day sure changed my outlook on getting out of the house every day. A nice long walk everyday could be my ticket to feeling better physically and emotionally. Speaking of that, I'm getting dressed and out the door before our 90degree day begins.

Mary
... but we rejoice in our afflictions because we know that affliction produces endurance, endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. Romans 5:3b

sittingbull594 replied to marysings's response:

grateful that Mary feels good! and had such a good trip.

I finally received something for tooth that is suppose to help heal it from root canal.

busy days mean a lot of anxiety for me but i'm going to conquer that!

marysings replied to sittingbull594's response:

Nightmares continue and I am again hearing people in the house speaking. My depression seems out of control. After a heart-to-heart with my pdoc, we decided to leave my meds where they are and hope that therapy with DrB will help.

I am so tired of this. A situation that happened in the fall of 1959 should not take over me. This happens every fall. I seem to always end up in the hospital. I don't have the time this year. It's hard enough to accept that and realize that I have to tackle this in DrB's office. Forty-five to fifty minutes just flies when I am sitting in the blue chair.

Why is life so difficult???
... but we rejoice in our afflictions because we know that affliction produces endurance, endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. Romans 5:3b

((((((((((((((((((((((((M))))))))))))))))))))

I have a hard fall too but it's getting some better. You see my sister commited suicide in October it will be 7 yrs. ago.

anyway.......................that's the tuff of life I guess.

gratitude

Acceptance is the key to all of my problems and then change is what needs to happen.

I'm tackling some tuff stuff in therapy and practicing outside of therapy to make darn sure I get it! I'm thankful for insurance.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change
Courage to change the things I can
and Wisdom to know the difference.

I love this prayer and I hope some day I may come somewhat close to mastery of it. What a good challenge that is!!

Keep safe all and lets all feel God's great Infinite HUGS!

DrB has asked me to learn it to. I found the entire prayer:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can, and
the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
accepting hardship as a pathway to peace;
taking, just as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it;
trusting that you will make all things right
if I surrender to your will;
so that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with you forever in the next. Amen

My depression is sliding out of control. I hate myself. Even typing out this prayer didn't lift me. I'm going back to bed.

mary

grats:

i'm feeling better for a change.

I have accepted me (as much as I can) as I am who I am and what I am.

I've lost 7 lbs.

May God walk before you........ entrusting our care to him to have him thwart our negative thinking. amen

My emotions are much more positive this evening.

We spent Friday evening and all day today with our older son, dil, and three grandchildren. Kate, age 12, had soccer meets in KC.

Our east coast grandson finally got out of the hospital after emergency surgery for a ruptured appendix and a 7-day recovery. He's home now after a LONG 13 hours on the road.

I came home with a whopper of a sunburn and chills. I even sunburned through my t-shirt! Albert went shopping and got me some spray on aloe and Diet Coke. Made my day!

I hope others who are lurking are doing well. Please, feel free to post your thoughts.

Mary

PS to Sitting Bull - I found your 7 pounds.

Happy Day!

I'm ever so grateful for:

An excellent week. In the last 20 years I cannot remember such a good week! WOW

watermelon, zucchini, homegrown tomatoes, and sugarfree drinks

My bff's (yes I actually have 2 very dear friends to me)

best to all

Had a difficult session with DrB; however ... I did NOT dissociate!! Staying present was so difficult but I did it! Yeah for me!

Mary

Had a difficult session with DrB on Wednesday. However ... I did NOT dissociate! It was difficult but a nice feeling to know I got through a therapy session staying present! Yeah for me!

Mary

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Brittany. I was raised in an emotionally, verbally, and physically abusive household. I just moved out of that household a year ago (I&...More

Helpful Tips

Some Traits Common to People with BPD
People with BPD may have other attributes that are not part of the DSM definition but that researchers believe are common to the disorder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.