Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
newbie reaching out
lunakissed posted:
I am new here and I am new to reaching out to others. I have lived as such a recluse for so long that even going online like this is hard.

I am also disabled with a host of physical issues....fibromyalgia and arthritis to name a few.

I have heard that people with BPD have a high rate of these types of physical diseases and I am not surprised as anxiety can produce stress which then manifests itself through our bodies.

Anyway, I wanted to say Hi....

One other piece that I would like to share is that I have been accepted into the DBT program here after a stint in the hospital this summer so I am looking forward to gaining skills to help me have a better quality of life and maybe help me physically feel more like doing this rather than sitting in my apartment wondering how I managed to get to this point in my life.

Greetings all

inquireer2014 responded:
I am new here too. Hang in there . There is someone who cares for you

bod27 responded:
Hello and welcome to both of you. I pop in every so often, depending on how I am feeling.

Great news that you have been accepted onto the DBT programme locally - it is amazing! I didn't realise how much of a difference it would make.

Hope you are keeping well

Bod

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have had a long a tumultuous past with mental health. It started when I was 12 with the skin picking, although it is not clearly noticeable until la...More

Helpful Tips

Identifying Borderline Personality Disorder
Thoughts that may indicate BPD Alternate between seeing people as either flawless or evil? Have difficulty remembering the good things ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.