Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
BPD Diagnosis and Changing Meds
bpdtightrope posted:
Hi all,

I was diagnosed with BPD in Late 2013 by the same psychiatrist who originally diagnosed me with Major Depressive Disorder in 2007 and put me Fluvoxamine 200mg (back in 07).

In 2013 I was started on Lamictal 25mg (now at 150mg) and Lexapro 10mg (up to 30mg) as well as Lorazepam for my anxiety (only) when required.

I have mood cycles 3-4 times a day that are very strong and outside the normal realm of emotional shifts. I project a feeling of being angry constantly with few breaks of high happiness. I also self harm, in the form of cutting with a box cutter blade. I now have permanent scarring that refrains me from wearing short sleeve t-shirts. For example its 30 degrees Celsius here today am I'm in a long sleeve t shirt.

These monthly visits to this psychiatrist as well as the regime of medication doesn't appear to be working. At last visit he decided to take me off the Lexapro and introduce Seroquel in low dosages to begin with.

Im still trying to understand everything and I'm scared to changing things as I have lived with this for my whole life so i don't know any different. Im worried about being in the "fog" others have mentioned on here. I am also used to feeling this way that I won't know what to do with my thoughts and emotions in everyday life without it. I still want to FEEL and this is the only way i know how.

If anyone can help with suggestion or siilair situations that would be great. Also if anyone can help with my meds too.

Thanks

marysings responded:
If you live anywhere near to Kansas City, Missouri, I can give you the name and phone number of my psychologist. I drive 2 hours because I wanted a Christian counselor.

My email is ymm1954-wmd@yahoo.com

All the best to you,
Mary
... but we rejoice in our afflictions because we know that affliction produces endurance, endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. Romans 5:3b

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have had a long a tumultuous past with mental health. It started when I was 12 with the skin picking, although it is not clearly noticeable until la...More

Helpful Tips

Identifying Borderline Personality Disorder
Thoughts that may indicate BPD Alternate between seeing people as either flawless or evil? Have difficulty remembering the good things ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 38 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.