Skip to content

Announcements

Do you have Borderline Personality Disorder? This new Exchange has been developed so we can encourage each other, share tips to get through those down days, and/or just vent.
New guy
blackrat posted:
Hey, I want to say it's nice to find out I am not the only one with this, but on the other hand I absolutely hate that anyone else has to deal with this. I've dealt with severe depression, anxiety, BPD, probably bipolar as well. I soaked my brain with alcohol for 25 years to releive the pain, cost me two marriages and my entire family. But I read a quote once, can't remember the mans' name, he said "if you find yourself walking through hell, just keep walking". I kept walking and beleive I'm on the upside, still have some climbing to do but I'm getting there. Never give up and never quit.

taraoverdepression responded:
Thank goodness a fellow addict/alchy! I am pasting my post below in hopes of some encouragement. We seem to be alike in some ways.
thanks

Below is a brief description of my issue but I am posting this in the ADD/ADHD community because I have taken... Posted by An_259761 Below is a brief description of my issue but I am posting this in multiple communities because even the doctors agree i am an unclassified "mixed bag!" I posted this in the ADD/ADHD community becauseI have taken the prescription drug Adderall that had been prescribed to another person and the results were amazing. I could concentrate, focus, make sense, and be a generally nice person. The PROBLEM is that with my extremely long and severe addiction history my Doctor will not prescribe it to me. I have tried Strattera and did not have the same great results.
I have battled depression and anger my entire life and am a recovering alcoholic and drug addict as well. To complicate matters even more, I believe that I suffered form undiagnosed post-partum depression after my second child was born. I am 39 years old, female, and no doctor has ever committed to a specific "Diagnosis" due to my severe addiction problems. I have been using some type of substance since pre-teen age, 10 or 11 years old, and I don't truly know what a normal emotional balance is. Also, I have had only miniscule periods of serious sobriety. Is it "bi-polar, or borderline personality, or multiple personality, or ADHD?" the possibilities seem painfully endless. I am currently on Symbyax and Gabapentin- heavy doses of both, and want to try Cymbalta with the Symbyax simply because it is covered by my insurance at no cost to me. I need the effect of the Adderall and maybe a mild anxiety medication without the stigma and assumption that I am "pill/drug seeking."
Thank you for any advice

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've battled depression since I was 5 years old when my father suddenly passed away, but it was never treated until I was almost 40. Needless to s...More

Helpful Tips

Some Traits Common to People with BPD
People with BPD may have other attributes that are not part of the DSM definition but that researchers believe are common to the disorder. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.