Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
lump in my 9 year olds breast
anna8314 posted:
I have a 9 year old daughter that has a lump under one breast and it is painful. Is this a sign of development or should i be concerned? I'm looking for insight!? Any help would be appreciated!

HOPE_1207 responded:
anna,

I really do not have any information I could share with you. I would recommend talking with your daughter's doctor. My thoughs are with you and your daughter.

Take Care,

Barb

Rachael67 responded:
Oh, how we moms worrry about our kids! Guess it goes with the territory, but it is never easy!

Sadly, life doesn't give us a users manual..It merely give us a guide book which cautions us to watch for unusual conditions. Anytime something is amiss in our body, it is important we have it checked out. Though cancer usually doesn't have pain associated with the lump, that isn't always true. And though 9 years old is terribly young to even consider breast cancer, it does very rarely happen.

Even if this proves to be nothing of concern, you know that you will not rest until you have a doctor's word on that, right? And, if it is something which needs to be addressed, the sooner you do so, the sooner the problem can be handled.

Please know that you and your daughter will be in our thoughts. Keep us informed on how she is doing, okay?

Blessings on you both! Rachael

DiKay1024 responded:
Hi Anna!

I think odds are really good that it's normal development, but I agree with Barb that you should talk with your daughter's doc, and perhaps have him check it out. We can never be too careful, and as Rachel said, you will both feel better once you know what's going on.

Blessings, Di

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 46 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center