Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Candles & Chat
Rachael67 posted:
From Caprice: Be sure you are signed in to go in to the chat room and then click on %% certificate %%@.89394b64','Chat','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,width=740,height=375');">this Breast Cancer chat room link.

From time to time (more often than not) we have friends here and outside this venue who are dealing with most difficult situations. Though there usually is little we can do to help, the idea of lighting a candle provides all of us an opportunity to focus on them and to offer a prayer or send good thoughts. I hope it lets them know how much we love them. I know it lets us feel like we are somehow holding their hands.

If we are able to keep it near the top of our posts, we can each quickly access it when we feel this need.

The site address is:

www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=F2F

Thank you and blessings. Rachael

VJD63 responded:
Did you send me a candle? You are so sweet. It made me cry. I love this site. thanks for sharing. I've never seen it before.

Much love to youuuuuuuuuuuuu!

VJ

Rachael67 responded:

Blessings. Rachael

jewlia responded:
Thanks for the site info, I just stumbled upon it and was going to write you about it. We at the PHA use it alot. It is a great place to go, one really can reflect on the person they are lighting the candle for.

Rachael67 responded:
I love it too! It lets us do something when there is so little else we can do!

Blessings. Rachael

Brigitte responded:
I went to the page and lit a candle it is such a touching moment.

mary0327 responded:
This is a wonderful, comforting site. I'm so glad I found it.

Mary

fastsilvermustang responded:
rachel, thanks for the candle deal my friend sent me some last week . i just found out i have breast cancer to. i'm just dealing with it best i can i am raising my 10 yr old granddaughter and i dont let her see me upset. right now i just waiting to get i to see the oncolgist. its in my lythnods so the surgeon says she wants cemo asap but still nothin yet oncolgist is all booked up so as of yesterday im on a waiting list . it makes me nuts.when my mamagram came back suspious everyone was rush rush rush the mri biopsy more mammagrams now its like no big deal just wait. i just hope it dont spread while im waiting

Rachael67 responded:
I have posted to you below.

Blessings. Rachael

564deb responded:
Rachael, I just realized that you lit a candle for me. Thank you so much. Can you explain to me how I can keep my candle burning or is this not something that I need to do. I am curious about this site but I am not sure what to do. Mind is just to boggled right now I guess.

I am trying to keep my chin up, but some days are harder than others.

By the way, I read a quote from Gracie Allen today that I would like to pass on to everyone. "Never place a period where God has placed a comma".

Thank you again. Deb

Rachael67 responded:
Great quote!

As far as keeping a candle burning, you can't keep the same one going beyond (I think) it is 48 hours...It slowly burns out much like a real candle. However, you can simply return to the site, choose one that isn't burning and light it for you or for anyone you choose!

Please let me know if you have any trouble! It's a nice way to remind God and all the fates and each other, no?

Blessings. Rachael

sweetirishjo responded:
OMG! Rachael, that is a really lovely site. Thank you so much for posting it. Joan (sweetirishjo)

survivor06 responded:
Awesome, just loved the candles site!!

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
60 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center