Skip to content
RIB PAIN and breast cancer
HAPPEN3RD posted:
I have had 2 radiation and lumpectomy on same breast. Three months ago I have a mascetomy and reconstruction on same breast, the last radiation was March 09. Last week I developed sharp pain under that same breast by the ribs. I was told there was cancer on my ribs due to the radiation. is this true and what is the treatment. Can u share your experience or thoughts, I am scared.

scentie responded:
Dear HAPPEN3RD - I am so sad to hear of your diagnosis. I am not in a position to comment on the condition and treatment but just so wish to tell you that I understand your fear, I have also lived with that fear ever since I had radiotherapy on my breast and subsequent rib pain. Recently I have also been told that 'the much dreaded' has returned although not on my ribs but in my lungs and liver! I truely know how you must feel and I am scared too, of what may lay ahead of me! Please let me say to you, be positive, seek as much information as you can, never give up hope!

Helpful Tips

DIEP Flap Survival
Sept 7, 2012: Bilateral Mastectomy and immediate DIEP Flap reconstruction. I live in Washington, DC, area and have great insurance and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center