Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Check it out!
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
Hello WebMD Members!

I am thrilled to share with you some changes that have been made to WebMD Health Exchange due to some of the wonderful feedback you all have given us.

First of all, you?ll notice that we?ve changed the top of the What?s Happening Now page so that See All Discussions, Tips, and Resources are right at your fingertips. These links will take you to our index pages, which read much more like our old message boards. We?ve also made our posting button at the top larger, and it drops down so you can choose which type of content you want to post.

You?ll also notice that we?ve added some more spacing to the posts themselves, making them less bunched up and easier to read.

AND, we?ve increased the posts per page from 15 to 30.

Along with that, you?ll see that now when you respond to another member?s post, it will say Member_1 replied to Member_2?s response. If you click on the word ?response? you?ll be taken back to the original post you responded to so that you can continue reading the thread from there.

When we launched, the option to add a member story on the WebMD Moderated Exchanges was left off. That has been added back in, and you can begin crafting your stories now!

You should also begin to notice that it isn?t taking quite as long for your messages to show up. The problem has not gone away completely. Our tech folks are still working on a final fix. However, you should only have to wait 60 seconds or less to see your post appear on the What?s Happening Now feed. If you?re posting from the See All Discussions or any other index page, your post should show up immediately.

We also fixed a defect that was frustrating many of our members. After you joined an Exchange, created your member story, and then voted on a poll you would often be unjoined from the Exchange and your member story would disappear. This issue has been resolved, and you should now remain joined to the Exchange after voting on a poll.

We hope you enjoy these changes. You?ve given us some great feedback. We?re listening, and these are just the first of the fixes and additions to come. Our tech team is already working on several more changes based on your suggestions and comments.

Please keep writing to let us know what you like, what you don?t, and share your suggestions for the future.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Pssst! Did you see that bit about being able to create member stories/profiles HERE?

rachael67 responded:
Hate to be the one to immediately pour cold water on the improvements, but I jus got here this morning, clicked to read your post, Caprice, and having noted there are four replies, tried to see them...Not so good! I can only see your original post and your PS...Can't seem to get to the others.

Something amiss??

Rachael

rachael67 replied to rachael67's response:
AND...The second post I read next, there were 27 odd replies, so I expected to now find them on one page (You had said the posts have been increased now to 30 per page)...again, not so fast! There were 16 and then I had to go to the second page.

Either my machine is still asleep (not unlike myself!) and isn't aware of what it should be doing....Or those darned gremlins are haunting us again!

Help, Caprice!!!

Rachael

rachael67 responded:
Okay! Before I say one more thing, Caprice, I truly apologize for my laundry list of complaints this morning... Aren't you glad it's Friday???!!!

I cannot seem to locate just how to "craft" my story in the profile here....Where do I go? I went to My Account and saw the very limited one which is there. but can't quite figure out how to elaborate.

Again, I know I must be doing something wrong (Who??? ME?????), but I need help!

thanks.
Rachael

Olivia_WebMD_Staff replied to rachael67's response:
Hi Rachael!

No Caprice, but maybe I can help. Try clearing your cookies and cache. You may still be seeing the old cached pages.

If you continue to be unable to see the changes, please write in and give us the steps you are taking, like what URL you started from, the browser you are using, etc.

Take care,
Oliviia

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to rachael67's response:
And to add to what Olivia suggested, to do your member story, click on the My Exchange Profile link on the left sidebar and you can add your story there.

rachael67 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hey, Caprice, we were both on the same page, posting at the same time. I do not have an Exchange Profile on this exchange tho' I do on the others. And I do not have on the right side: "Edit Your Story/See All Members!! on this one.

I don't have cookies that I know of (although a chocolate chip sounds good about now! And regardless whether I use my bookmark or go to the main exchange list and get here that way, everything is the same!

Oh, my! *Major sigh*!!

Rachael

Hi Rachael,

On this one, as it is a WebMD moderated exchange with an expert, you wouldn't get that on the right side. I don't either.

Re the cookies, if you use Internet Explorer, click on Tools, Internet Options, and then delete all the temporary files and cookies in there. Do this when away from WebMD. It may take a bit of time if you've not done it in a while or ever. Then come back and try to see if you can click on the My Exchange Profile on the left, after being sure you are signed in AND are joined to this exchange.

One note before you clear those cookies.... if you have it set that various websites remember you, be sure you know your passwords to input those again as you will lose those.

It's possible you did, at one time when posting here when we first got exchanges, you said 'no' to joining this exchange and perhaps it's defaulting to that and that's why you're not seeing the ability to edit.

Don't worry, Rachael, we'll get this sorted out.

rachael67 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
AND YOU DID!!!!

freefeather replied to rachael67's response:
Rachael my GF....how do you do what you do? I just read your reply and caprice reply than yours than Olivia's then yours again....you know what? I'm sssooo confused but that's o.k cuz I'm still chuckling...your still here strong and bold...love it!

Yes, let us know what finally worked for you.

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center