Skip to content
Weekend guests
cancer47 posted:
Things went better than I expected. I had fluids on thursday and felt much better for the weekend. My white and red cell counts were pretty low so that allowed me to not have to attend every place they wanted to go. Everyone (including several too honest people told me the wig was great just like my own style and color. I skipped the mexican food. Went on a little shopping spree but left early and had a dinner out and then the whole family came back to my house. I was able to have fun at all these things. But when we got back to the house I had had the wig on for 3 full days and was starting to get a headache so I just put on a cotton chemo hat and sat around and talked. The last person to leave was my sister and I did take the cap off for her. So now she knows this cancer is no fun at all. I think the bald head is a real reality check.
So they leave today and I had a great weekend. And I think I'd like to have a nap today on the rainy afternoon!
Thank you again for you replies they really made me feel more comfortable knowing that many others have felt the same way I have.

Cancer47

rachael67 responded:
How wonderful to hear that not only did all go well, but that you enjoyed it too!

Now, enjoy your rainy day nap!

Blessings.
Rachael

Helpful Tips

Alternative consumer self-test device for early detection of breast cancer?
This may be an interesting personalized alternative for early detection to then be verified through Breast MRI/Mammography: Eclipse, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center