Skip to content
Found a penny
jaydbraz posted:
As many of you old-timers remember the penny saga after my dear Mildred passed away, whenever i found a penny I was reminded that Mildred was watching over me and saying, "it's OK, I'm still walking by your side".
This past Tuesday I was having a picnic lunch with my new friend (lady) who I have been seeing for about a month. After lunch at the new Boat House and Wine Co restaurant we saw a small 2 person boat that you paddled with your feet. We decided to give it a try and as we sat down, on the console between us was a bright shiny penny. I had told my friend the WebMd BD FTF penny story, and I told her "Mildred approves". Bless you all today my dear friends.

rachael67 responded:
Ah, my Friend! Your story will insure most sweet dreams for me tonight! I am not surprised that your lady would delight in you finding happiness!

Blessings always!
Rachael

jaydbraz replied to rachael67's response:
My friend, you always seem to say the right things to make an old man smile this morning. My new friend lost her spouse to cancer 13 years ago and she says she's never been spoiled and treated like a lady until recently. See there, Mildred raised me the right way. Thank you Mildred for all the great years together, 51 of wedded bliss.

jaydbraz replied to jaydbraz's response:
I certainly didn't mean to imply my friend wasn't treated like a lady the married years, she said recent days.

Janice_78 responded:
JayDee, I certainly hope that you find happiness and companionship with your new friend. As you know, Mildred is beaming her approval from above.

Love,

Janice

Jean0526 replied to Janice_78's response:
JayDee, I was so glad to see your post and that you are finding companionship. You certainly deserve more happiness. My sister has been a widow for 6 years and also feels finding a penny has special meaning. She even saw a squirrel drop one in her back yard. She felt cetain her husband was watching that one. Please take care and enjoy. Jean

missedit responded:
JD!!

How wonderful you have found companionship! You have been seriously holding out on me. You are right, Mildred is watching out for you both! Wishing you much happiness! Sarah

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thank you for this lovely reminder, Jayd, of how wide and far love can reach.

Helpful Tips

Candle Lighting Site
I located the Candle site!! It was apparently removed by WebMD but we can still access it and make use of it for each of us and for all our ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center