Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dr. Marcum I have a ?? for you...
n2meC posted:
Or two or three... ok..several...

What is the percentage of Stage IV Breast Cancer Patients who are also Hepatitis positive?

And...

Is it rare for a woman at 50 to be diagnosed as Stage IV?

And...

Where can I find some correlating reading material?

And...

Does lifestyle have a definite affect of whether someone is diagnosed with breast cancer or not? I realize there are certain choices made that definitely don't help, such as smoking... But is it possible that choices I made in say.. my twenties could have left a marker that contributed to my diagnosis?
FirstPrevious12NextLast

rachael67 responded:
Sorry, Leilani, but Dr. Kelly has never gotten really involved on this site. Other than a post or two at the beginning, he's been MIA. Hopefully in the not too distant future WebMD will reward us for our patience by giving us a very active expert! (Hint-HInt!!)

blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to rachael67's response:
Thanks for explaining, Rachael.

Hi N2meC,

I hope that others here will chime in here and I will be forwarding your question on to Dr. Marcom so we'll see.
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you'll help them to become what they are capable of becoming. ~Goethe

n2meC replied to rachael67's response:
Well that bites! :-w

Janice_78 replied to n2meC's response:
This has nothing to do with your question, but I just had to pass this on. Your dog so resembles ours!

I don't know what happened to my last post. It seems to have disappeared.

I just wanted to tell you how adorable your dog is. We have a cocker who is totally spoiled and much loved.

rachael67 replied to Janice_78's response:
Had you not posted, it may have been quite some time
before I noticed that Leilani had changed her pic! Thanks, Janice!

You both have great looking dogs...Not as cute as mine, but....!!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

Janice_78 replied to rachael67's response:
Rachael,

We all have beautiful dogs! (LOL)

n2meC replied to Janice_78's response:
Yea but none of yours is a Buster Brown!!

Thank you Janice... this is my partner in crime... He traveled with me while I was on the road.. in constant search of UPS trucks!! In this pic he had JUST spotted one!!!

He's beautiful! What's his name?

I'm glad to know that animals are as important to you as they are to me. I feel like they're just furry little people (LOL).

Ours is Noel who came into our home Xmas 09 ~ hence her name. She joined three cats and my son's Australian cattle dog.

rachael67 replied to Janice_78's response:
Ah! I once had a cat who we got around Xmas and named Holly! My mutt is part Border Collie and part Sheltie. She has a comet shaped white mark down her nose and is named Haley. (Poor pup. Unlike other animals we have had over the years who were exposed to much company, etc. on a regular basis, our life is much less social now and having guests as we did last night, is really tiring for her. The following day she always acts like she has a hangover!

Rachael

Janice_78 replied to rachael67's response:
I just realized that I stated Noel's homecoming incorrectly. We got her on Xmas 08 ~ making her 1 1/2.

We also had a "mutt" Border Collie/sheltie mix. She was absolutely beautiful. We loved her for 14 years until her hind quarters gave out. That's when we got Noel.

Our life isn't terribly social either which makes most of the pets rather shy when people come over or their routine is changed.

n2meC replied to Janice_78's response:
I found Buster Brown about ten years ago right about now. My EX and I were at Lowes (his first wife) and next thing I knew, we were on our way to Clarksville (TN) to help some guy who was having difficulties with the pipes under his sink (my EX was a service plumber). ON our way out the door this brown and very tired looking doggie went trucking by me, and I shouted 'Look honey, no collar!' Scooped him up and brought him home. He was inundated with fleas and ticks the size of my thumbnail. It took me weeks to get him cleaned up and bug free. But well worth the effort, he's been by my side ever since!

He steals the hearts of everyone he meets, and I have a list yea long of people who have volunteered to take him if I ever get so bad I can't keep up with him. What I think they don't realize, it's it is having him in my life that is the MAIN encouragement needed for me to continue with my recovery.

He's 11 now, and I keep telling him NO MORE GREY!! He's not listening!! (Isn't it funny how monkeys can live to 75 80 years old and they are the most unpredictable and violent animal to own, yet dogs and cats who most often provide the most unconditional love and companionship we two leggeds can find don't???

Buster Brown appears to be much loved, not only by you, but by so many friends. It's been proven that pets are natural healers. It is sad that their life expectancies aren't any longer than they are ~ like parrots. He looks like he makes for a very good nurse ~ like mine when I was ill.

missedit responded:
Hi n2meC:

Here is a good wevsite - some interesting takes on mets:http://www.mbcnetwork.org/page.aspx?nm=mainpage.
This is a Metastatic BC website. U of Penn used to have a lot of good stuff on it as well as Web MD..

You asked about what you might have done that might have contributed to being dx with BC. I had no first degree relatives (grandmothers, Aunts, Mother or 4 sisters) with the disease, nor did I smoke, drink or do drugs. I was playing softball and volleyball into my 40's.. Cancer happens. I now have Stage IV metastatic disease (Stage I dx in 1998; Stage IV in 2008) and am Her2 receiving Herceptin every 3 weeks. Am back to work full time and feeling pretty good. Try not to beat yourself up over this and move on - life is too short wondering about the "what if I's'..Good luck. My email is in my profile if you would like to correspond. Sarah

Helpful Tips

Breast Cancer Survivor
I had breast cancer surgery on right side just below my breast 2.2 cm part since 2001. It also removed 21 nodes my armpit to protect cancer ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center