Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Haven't been on here in a while
MauraDianne posted:
Some of you may remember me. My name is Maura and I joined the Breast Cancer Friend To Friend board in 2004 when my mother was rediagnosed with metastatic BC. She passed away in 2007. It has been very hard for me and I do not come on these boards often because it makes me sad. I miss our members who have passed on. I will never say they lost their battle...because that is not true. They have gone on to a better place. Anyway I wanted to check in with all the oldies...Simone, JD, Rachel, VJ, Janice etc. I think of you all often. To the newbies---this is a wonderful board for support and comfort. May you kick this cancer's butt!! In the past 5 years I have raised 8K towards BC research and I plan on continuing to fight for my mother....in her honor. Lots of love, Maura

jaydbraz responded:
Maura, I think of you often and hope life is treating you well. Hope you find the love of your life as I have found a wonderful lady and will be married in Sept. My best to you now and your dad and brother.

DiKay1024 responded:
HI Maura!

Good to hear from you! Thanks for thinking of us, and for all you've raised to fight this disease in memory of your mother. We remember you well and think of you often.

Many blessings, Di

rachael67 responded:
Hey Kiddo! Good to hear from you. And glad that you continue the battle by raising funds for research. One of these battles will signal the end of the war, and how we will all board Pinkie and celebrate BIG TIME!!

'Til then we support one another and take each challenge as it comes, sharing the good and bad times.

Take care of your self, and check in from time to time to let us know of the wonderful things you've been up to!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

Janice_78 responded:
Hey Maura,

Congratulations and thank you for continuing to help in this battle against breaast cancer. Someday this horrible disease will be conquered. Your mother would be so proud of the articulate, responsible, highly educated and beautiful young woman that you have become. She is always with you.

Love,

Janice

MauraDianne replied to Janice_78's response:
Thank you all for the kind words. I am glad to see you are all doing so well!

JD- I am so happy for you. I am still waiting for my knight in shining armor lol. I broke up with a BF of 3.5 years. It was hard but I want marriage and babies and that was just not in the future for us. So be it.

I have been doing well. I finished my MA and am now teaching at Miami University in Ohio. I teach public speaking. Right now I am working on publishing an article with a former professor. I am applying to doctoral programs for Fall 2011....cross your fingers for me!

My father is okay. He still will not date but has a great group of friends. My brother is working on his MBA and planning to propose to his girlfriend within a few months.

I miss my mother terribly but I know she would be proud of me and my brother.

Love to you all!

Maura

DiKay1024 replied to MauraDianne's response:
Congratulations on finishing your degree, and even more so for actually getting a job!!!! In this economy that's quite an achievement! Good luck with your continuing studies.

Blessings, Di

Springfever01 responded:
Hi, Maura. It is so good to see you again. I am glad that you are doing so well in your career. It is also good to hear that your dad is coping better, I know that is a great relief to you. Thank you also for your work in raising funds and awareness for BC research! Good job!

Wishing blessings for you,

Springfever (Bonnie)

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
60 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center