Skip to content
herceptin
anireh posted:
Hi has anyone had to stop herceptin after 6 treatment due to heart problems, I have stage 2 breast cancer, HER2 positive, i have had 6 treatment tch chemo and then had a heart attack, for now they have stopped all treatment so I am worried about the recurrence rate.

wowsurvived responded:
I was diagnosed with stage three breast cancer in April 2008. I completed a 4 months (every 3 weeks) chemo therapy but I continued taking Herceptin up to 15 sessions when was put on hold by my oncologist due to a possitive echo cardiogram.
It was my choice not to go back to Herceptin after my heart back to normal. I'm not on any kind of medicine but taking
vitamins and supplements.

PrettyWoman225 responded:
Anireh
I was diagnosed in July 07, stage 2, HER2positive also. I took 6 herceptin treatments and had to stop because of the heart changes seen on a heart MUGA. I am not sure about the recurrence rate, but today I am doing wonderfully fine. Trust God, limit worrying and enjoy your life.

freefeather replied to PrettyWoman225's response:
Anireh..join the ranks of Herceptins side effects! I too had to stop the treatment of Herceptin 3 months prior to my finish date due to heart abnormalities after a MUGA. I was told this might occur from the start and that my heart would be monitored periodically during treatment...I'm relieved. I echo PrettyWoman225...leave the worry on the backdoor step and go inside sit enjoy life be safe & warm, and definitely TRUST our Lord he is in control and he also keeps a key to the back door!

Helpful Tips

Alternative consumer self-test device for early detection of breast cancer?
This may be an interesting personalized alternative for early detection to then be verified through Breast MRI/Mammography: Eclipse, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center