Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Question for Andie
1fernehall posted:
Curiosity has been raised after reading article about CTC. I know about protein markers, but what other markers are there that the Dr.'s look for?

Thanks, Fern

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi there,

While doctors don't know what causes breast cancer, they do know that certain risk factors may put you at higher risk of developing it. A person's age, genetic factors, personal health history, and diet all contribute to breast cancer risk.

Here's a few more articles that have valuable info for you:

Also, you can peruse through our Breast Cancer Health Center where you'll find all kinds of resources, articles, prescription info, and more.

While you're surfing around our resources, if you find anything else of interest that you feel the community would also find interesting, please share it here in a new discussion so we can all learn.

Hope I understood your question and hope some of this helps!

Andie

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 46 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center