Skip to content
Introducing Your New WebMD Moderator!
Andie_WebMD_Staff posted:
Please say hello to your new WebMD Moderator: Haylen!

Haylen will most likely be taking over the community on Monday. I'll still be around on WebMD, but I know I leave you in good hands and will miss each of you! You are a truly amazing and inspiring group of people who daily show exceptional courage and kindness.

Please welcome Haylen. She will be popping in to introduce herself soon!

Sending thoughts of health and happiness for 2011 and beyond!

Andie

elizabethann7 responded:
Hi, what foods or substances increase your estrogen levels? Someone said caffiene should be avoided if you are on Arimedex for treatment of estrogen positive breast cancer. Is that true?

elizabethann7 responded:
HI, someone said caffeine causes increase in estrogen and shouldn't be taken in the form of coffee or chocolate if you are on Arimadex to treat estrogen positive breast cancer. Is that true? Any light you can shed on this would be appreciated.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thanks Andie!

I'm thrilled and honored to be connected to this community and I welcome any suggestions!

I first became aware of breast cancer when my paternal grandmother came to visit after a mastectomy in the 70's. I have vivid memories of the fun my brother and I had poking, squeezing and asking questions about her "fake boob" (as she called it). She, like this community, was amazing and inspiring.

My first mammogram was in September. My 2 and 6 year old daughters overheard me discussing the procedure with my husband and asked approximately 300 questions. (I know I have a lot to learn because I had to google some of the answers).

Please introduce yourself and share if you would like!

Haylen

rachael67 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen, welcome to the community! We hope you enjoy being a part of us, the Pink Bus and the candle site....Each adds to the closeness and connection we share. It goes far beyond breast cancer!

I have been here since 2003 and have seen numerous reincarnations of the site...Some very positive and others not so much. Sadly, with each renovation we seem to loose so many members...important and giving members. You may hear from them from time to time, but they have generally moved on.

We have a sister site created by one of the "oldies" called Breast Cancer Friend to Friend and Pinkie Central ...This is where one might be more apt to find our "oldies" when they post about how things are going with them. It is a nice Cafe for us to sit around and catch up with each other! We've a cup with your name on it!

May 2011 and this new position be terrific for you!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to rachael67's response:
Thanks so much! I'm bouncing around trying to figure everything out - I appreciate the link and info. Keep my cup warm and filled with sugar

I have worked online for large communities for several years - reincarnations are often a difficult adjustment.

Haylen

p.s. Love your quote...

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to elizabethann7's response:
Hi Elizabethann!

I'm the new moderator for this site. I would suggest that you start a new discussion with your question. This way, it will appear front and center in the "What's Happening Now" middle column of this community. Members with information or suggestions will see your post and can chime in. (Use the orange "Post Now" and choose discussion from the drop down selections).

You can also search the community content using the "search this community box" on the right.

I'm not "official" here yet - Andie might have better information for you later today

Haylen

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
You sound like you've been here forever already, Haylen!

Yup, it's true, you will get a much better response to your questions if you post them as your own new thread, Elizabethann. Sometimes they will get lost in a thread like this on a different topic, but you'll get all eyes to see it if it's on the front page.

This is a wonderful community that is great about chiming in with their experiences and support. We're all probably chomping at the bit to answer that question as soon you post it!

Helpful Tips

Alternative consumer self-test device for early detection of breast cancer?
This may be an interesting personalized alternative for early detection to then be verified through Breast MRI/Mammography: Eclipse, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center