Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
As Good As It Gets
cancer47 posted:
Hi
I had put off my mamo and doctor appointments for about a month I was so nervous about going. My husband went with me. All tests were normal and they said I'm as good as I can be. No new tumors found. I am considering the arimadex I might start it when I'm ready. When I left the hospital I felt finally the cancer that took over my life 13 months ago is in the past "been there done that!!", don't look back, and pass go and collect $200. The fear and anger I felt for so long is better, a lot better.
To anyone who is just starting out, this has been a crazy long journey that I thought I would not make it thru both physically and mentally. But I did with smiles and tears some good days and some not so good. But I did make it thru. I wish my Dad could have been here to share this good news, he passed away one month ago. He cheered me on the whole way and "pushed" me thru some days.
If anyone asked what can they do to help just answer "Pray"

rachael67 responded:
What good news! I am celebrating for you!

And how good of you to share this with the community...especially with the newbies who just can't quite see the end of the tunnel yet. You've given them hope!

As for Dad? Kiddo, he is standing right beside you, smiling bigger than anyone and holding you very near! Believe it!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

Doris042 responded:
Hi, I also had Breast cancer , mine was stage 3 A and it has been a journey I had my mamo done a year later and they found shadows on the other breast and I had to go back and get more tests done, oh boy was that a feeling I dont want to feel again, at that moment it felt like a defeat but it turns out it was ok , but I agree with your attitude you keep possitive and plow threw it and keep only possitive people and alot of laughter and my relationship with God has only got stronger, prayer is what got me threw this journey and God Bless all of you !!!!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thank you for sharing. My mom passed away 4.5 months ago. No matter what the circumstances, it is a blow.

I know your dad would be so happy for, and proud of you!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center