Skip to content
Pink Bus needed by PinkLady
PinkLady44 posted:
Hi everyone...long time since I posted...had to remember how to log in again...

Anyway, I need the Pink Bus tomorrow morning. My annual mammogram last week turned up something that now needs additional follow-up and an ultrasound, etc. The irony of it all was they called me on the 10-year anniversary of my mastectomy on my left breast...now it's the right one's turn.

So, hubby and I are headed off in the morning for a couple hours of more x-rays, ultrasounds and maybe a biopsy or two.

Good thoughts, prayers, etc. are always appreciated along with the ride-along!

Hugs to you all who may remember me!

Nan (aka PinkLady)
FirstPrevious12NextLast

rachael67 responded:
Oh Nan, I m so sorry to hear this news! You've been missed, but this isn't the way I had hoped you'd return!

Of course Pinkie will be there for you tomorrow...And we will each be beside you for whatever the day may bring. Our hopes, of course, are that you get a great report...That is what we will hold in our hearts. Please let us know how you are!

Blessings.
Rachael

(And, yes, the timing sucks!!)
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

bcdevil responded:
Nan,
I'm so sorry to hear this. Think positive girl!! Maybe they are just being extra careful with you. My prayers will be with you tonight and always.
I'm going for my surgery on St. Patty's Day and i'm saving a shamrock thats dedicated to you!!!
Strength and prayers,
Sandy

PinkLady44 responded:
Update:
Ultrasound this morning - enlarged lymph node and one mass on mammogram confirmed, plus two more masses found. Two masses 1cm each and one slightly smaller next to one of the larger ones. Biopsy scheduled for Friday at 1 p.m. Pacific. Keep the motor running on the bus...I have my ticket ready to go for Friday! We will know in about 3 days what we're dealing with.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers! Having been down the road before, not looking forward to it again, but at least I know more than I knew 10 years ago. "It's doable" as MaryBeth would've said!

Hugs to all,

Nan

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to PinkLady44's response:
Hi Nan - Thank you so much for reaching out to Pinky - it helps everyone here to give support and see your amazing positive attitude!!!

Warm hugs to you (and your supportive family) from Southern California!

Haylen

p.s. I'm the new moderator here as of a few months ago...

rachael67 replied to PinkLady44's response:
Pinkie's ready and waiting. Have fueled her with prayers and good thoughts!

We're all aboard just for you!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

PinkLady44 responded:
Thanks for the ride! Everything went well for the biopsy. Took 10 samples total from the 3 sites. Sore, but doing fine. Even went out with my book club for our planned dinner event last night! Will know results by phone from radiologist Wed or Thurs. I see my surgeon on Thurs. The radiologist put in two marker clips so they could note they have visitede these spots before when they do future mammograms, if all turns out to be okay.

Will let you all know when I know!

Big hugs, thanks for all the prayers, healing thoughts and good wishes!

Nan

The good wishes continue and we've put Pinkie at your disposal for Thursday!!

Blessings.
Rachael

PS...What book is the club reading?

PinkLady44 responded:
Got the call from my primary care and my surgeon both...it's cancer again (infiltrating ductal carcinomas). I see the surgeon on Thursday morning, so we'll have more of a game plan after that. He wants to get me scheduled for surgery soon.
Thanks for all the prayers, encouragement, candles, and good thoughts!

Nan

PinkLady44 replied to rachael67's response:
Rachael - Our book club just read "Little Bee" by Chris Cleave. It's pretty intense and graphic in places (some violence and a couple of suicides), but it also has a couple of humorous spots to keep it from being too dark. We read "The Twentieth Wife" by Indu Sundaresen in February, which took place in India, so we went out to a local Indian restaurant we'd all been wanting to try...it was good, too! We've kind of expanded our repertoire from books to food and movies...we've gone to a couple of movies based on books we've read as well. We do have fun! It's actually just a group of our condo development neighbors, we thought it would be fun to form a book club about 5 or 6 years ago...we have managed to keep it going and never seem to run out of books to read! We read about 10-11 books a year. I have a long list! My hubby gave me a Kindle for mother's day a couple of years ago and it's getting pretty full.

Oh, Nan...I can't type the word that I immediatly spoke aloud when I read your post or you might not think me much of a lady...but I meant it!!

I am so sorry that you got this news. Is it a new cancer or a mets? Or won't you know until your appointment?

You continue to be in our hearts and prayers. Let us know the game plan so we'll know when to make sure Pinkie is in your drive.

Blessings.
Rachael

PS...That book club sounds like not only a good group and most enjoyable but a great support group to have in place especially now. Keep me posted on all you are sharing with them. (I'm not in a good place for a "downer book" right now so I think I'll stick with my juicy, gossipy Barbara Walters' Audtion for the moment! )

bcdevil replied to rachael67's response:
Nan,
I'm so sorry that you have to retread this crappy journey. I, like Rachael, said a very unladylike word when i read your post!!! I know with your courage and experience, you can beat this down again!!! My heart goes out to you. I just had my mastectomy st. patty's day, and am having a very rough emotional/physical time with all of this!! I honestly don't think i personally could do this again. Maybe it's because i feel so beat up from this!! I will pray for you tonite and always!! I hate cancer enough for all of us!!!
hugs n love,
Sandy

PinkLady44 responded:
Did I ever mention how much I love my surgeon? No, I mean it...he is one of God's angels on this earth. We've mapped out a plan. Going to do modified radical mastectomy on the right breast with sentinel node biopsy. They didn't have that procedure yet 10 years ago. It came along about a year after that. He was one of the first in our area to do them and wrote the protocol for it. I don't think I could be in better hands! He has the best bed-side manner and really takes the time to LISTEN to the patient...he patiently lets you ask the questions and then patiently responds. We spent over an hour with him.

Waiting for his scheduler to call back with the date, but it will be in the next week or two. He feels like I will only need to be off work a couple of weeks this time since I won't have the axillary lymph node dissection. Less is certainly more for me.

My dear hubby thinks we need to have some t-shirts printed with "Nan's Team - The Reunion Tour" with me and all my docs' photos printed on it. What do you think? I thought it was hysterical! So did my surgeon!

Now I just have to get a ton of things done/organized before the surgery. My hubby isn't one to cook unless it involves take-out, grilling, or it can be defrosted/reheated, so I'll need to do some stuff to freeze up like some casseroles that he can easily handle.

Hanging in there still!

Hugs to you all,

Nan

Gettin' out the paints and magic markers to make the banner for Pinkie: NAN'S TEAM -- THE REUNION TOUR Tell DH he deserves a gold star for that one!!

Your attitude sounds super, and delighted that the doc is a winner...YOU cetainly are and deserve no less in your physician!

Keep us updated on when we and Pinkie will be needed! Meanwhile know you are in ouir thoughts!

blessings.
Rachael

Helpful Tips

Breast Cancer Survivor
I had breast cancer surgery on right side just below my breast 2.2 cm part since 2001. It also removed 21 nodes my armpit to protect cancer ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center