Skip to content
Grateful
jenna291 posted:
Hello friends!
Just want to share that I made it thru my mammogram this week with the all clear, then a follow up check up with the surgeon for a breast exam. This puts me at 4 years out. Although I will always be leary of mammograms as I found my own 3cm lump 3 months after my mammogram (dense breast thing!), I feel I am being watched very closely and am more confident that I am currently cancer free. An annual mri, visit to oncologist, radiology oncology, and blood work every 6 months, Arimidex are my security blanket for the next few years.
It will be 4 years on 3/21 that I stopped chemo - seems like it was someone else's life now!!!
Just wanted to share some good news! Although at times I am fearful, I hope to relax for a little while - bought some colorful spring flowers to celebrate!
Prayers and well wishes to all - Jenna

rachael67 responded:
Ah, Jenna! What good news! Many congratulations...Celebrate big time...and enjoy those flowers!

You know not only do we love to hear such good reports, but you also supply hope for the newbies that there is a light at the end of the dark tunnel! Thanks!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

jenna291 replied to rachael67's response:
Thank you Rachael!!!! Hope and positive thoughts are such an important part of this journey.
I have become a major fan of flowers in these recent years!
They are a sign of life, and make me smile!!!!!

Best always~
Jenna

JLAMB26 responded:
Congratulations! I love hearing positive stories from people who are ahead of me in this journey. I hope to be where you are in 4 years. Enjoy and celebrate!
Jennifer

cindy12345678 responded:
I'm so glad you got great news. I hope to be where you are someday! It's encouaging to hear. I am just newly on the survivor side, and you think to yourself "is it really gone?" I'm glad yours is. Relax and enjoy your flowers!
Love and prayrs
Cindy

bcdevil responded:
Jenna,
I am so happy for you!! It is such a relief for you and all of us!! Very inspiring and i bet those flowers smell better to you than anyone else. I'm proud of you and your journey!! We all hope and pray to follow in your footsteps! When i grow up, i wanna be just like you!!! lol Good job girl!! You ROCK!!!!
xoxo
Sandy

Helpful Tips

DIEP Flap Survival
Sept 7, 2012: Bilateral Mastectomy and immediate DIEP Flap reconstruction. I live in Washington, DC, area and have great insurance and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center