Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
When can I start soaking in a bath after a mastectomy?
mykiira posted:
I had a single mastectomy w/immediate reconstruction a month ago. My doctors have not been forthcoming as to what I can do when. I'd like to start taking a bath to help my skin stay moisturized. But I can't find any info. in my research on when it is ok to start doing this.

rachael67 responded:
Not having had your experiences, I can't help with any personal advice...HOWEVER! SHAME ON THE DOCS FOR NOT BEING OPEN and answering your questions. Please remember the adage about the squeeky wheel getting the attention...Make noise and keep insisting on answers!

If they are not cooperative (Do remember that YOU pay THEM and not the other way around!), seek a second opinion!

Please let us know how you are doing and what you find out. We're sending good thoughts your way.

blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

mykiira replied to rachael67's response:
Thanks Rachael67 for the reply. I intend to call my Gen. Surgeons office Mon. to find out. Although I really shouldn't have to be asking anything this late in the game.

rachael67 replied to mykiira's response:
Not ask questions because time has elapsed??? Hey, Gal! What do you think we all do constantly...It helps not only supply us with information, but often we keep our doctors updated!! Having no questions either means youi are God...or dead! Keep asking!!!!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
59 of 74 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center