Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update on Melissa Buhmeyer (Lizzardlee)
Janice_78 posted:
Last evening, I received an email from Melissa's husband, John. This is what he had to say:

This is John for Melissa. She was admitted to the hospital on Monday. Very long day today, but tomorrow will be longer. Melissa's pick line started leaking about 2 hours after IV nutrition (PPN) was started last night. She had a procedure this morning to temp fix until a jugular port can be put in tomorrow. Also, received results from yesterday's MRI and CAT scans: brain, lungs and heart are clear, but there are excessive mets in liver, mets in bones, and a partial obstruction in the small intestine. Plan now is to put an NG tube in tonight to see if that clears the blockage. If not, surgery is planned for tomorrow 1700L. The central port will also be placed at that time.

Please keep her in your prayers.

Hugs,

Janice

bcdevil responded:
Holding her up in prayer!!! All of us!!!
Hugs,
Sandy

cindy12345678 responded:
I will say a prayer for her. I hope all goes well.
cindy

rachael67 responded:
Janice, thank you so much for letting us know. Sounds like Melissa is dealing with some difficult times just now. I am glad that she and John let you know and that you shared the news with us.

Yes! She will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers especially over the next few days. And I'm off now to light a candle for her to remind the angels that she could use some support!

Blessings, Lizzard!

And thanks again, Janice!
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thank you so much for sharing...Please let John and Melissa know that the WebMD community here is sending thoughts, prayers and (((HUGS)))

Haylen

mhall6252 responded:
Sending healing thoughts to both of you.

Michelle

judyfams replied to mhall6252's response:
Our thoughts and prayers are with Melissa and John for much strength, courage and hope as they go through these trying times.
Judy

0910faith responded:
She is most definately in our prayers and thoughts.
Thank you for letting us know
hugs
faith

n2meC responded:
Please let her know that I am praying for her and John both, as well as for you!! Buster Brown is too!!! ((((hugs))))

jenna291 replied to n2meC's response:
Sending many prayers, hugs and positive thoughts - please keep us all posted ~ Jenna

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
60 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center