Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Reunion Tour Schedule Announced!
PinkLady44 posted:
After a week of appointments and tests, we have a schedule for my "Reunion Tour."

Saw cardiologist on Monday, echocardiogram on Tuesday - everything is just fine heart-wise. Good to go for chemo.

Had PET scan on Thursday. That was something else. Two tries to start an IV, the Valium really had me relaxed for sure. I barely remember getting dressed and going home. Slept for 4 hours and felt like I had a hangover. I think I'll have them give me a half-dose of the Valium if they ever do this one again. But, good news, no distant hot spots - all clear! Yippeee!

The oncologist met with the cancer review board on Wed., and they recommended a different chemo regime - so I'll be doing Taxotere and Carboplatin (TC) instead of the Adriamycin/Cytoxan followed by Taxol. I'll get a total of 6 treatments at 3-week intervals.

Kickoff for the tour is the port-a-cath install on May 11, with my first infusion on May 13 (Friday). I had my first chemo 10 years ago on Friday the 13th also. Maybe this is a good omen?

I will also have to do some radiation after chemo is done. We will schedule an appointment with the radiation oncologist in a month or so to go over what kind of plan he has in mind.

The oncologist wants them to put in a PowerPort. I had a Bard port last time. If they need to do CT scans, they can access the port for the contrast injections with the PowerPort. The kind I had before they could not do that. I will need to have a vascular scan done before to determine if the vein they used last time can still be used this time. They may need to move the location if there is clotting and scarring issues with the old site.

I'm getting the wardrobe ready - figuring out the stage routines, set lists, etc. Hang on - here we go!

Hugs,

Nan/PinkLady

brcansur responded:
I love the humor and your positive look on the whole thing. I am reading your post and it sounds so like myself. Keep up the postive and don't let any one or anything take your humor from you because that is what helps you get through this fight against the beast. It helped me big time I don't know if everyone else thought so because they never knew what what I was going to pull when I went in for a treatment. From putting lights in my bra instead of the fack boobs to putting thongs in my bra cover my port so they would have to pull them out to get to it. I just plain had fun with it each time but made everyone laugh around me. I had people getting treatment on weds with me moving their chairs so they could see what I was going to do this time. So please keep the humor even when this is over because laughter is the best medicine. Have a great day and my prayers are with you and sending out some angel hugs your way. Roberta
Roberta

rachael67 responded:
Nan, we are all aboard with you on this "Tour" and feelin' like a rock group!

That "PowerPort" sounds like it will be a much better way to bypass those stubborn veins.

You are in our hearts.

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

0910faith replied to rachael67's response:
Nan,
We are all aboard with you. You have a wonderful
spirit and that means so much. I wish you all the
best
faith

Janice_78 responded:
Count me in, too!

Helpful Tips

Radiation Burns
I had terrible burns over 2/3rds of my breast after 7 weeks of radiation & I was miserable. Here is what I did. The doctor told me to ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center