Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Any moms out there? Happy Mother's Day weekend!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms! Do your spouses or kids have special plans for you?

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend - I'm hoping for a spa certificate

Haylen

brcansur responded:
Haylen thank you and a very happy mothers day to you. I hope you get that spa treatment. Make sure to leave some hints around the house. If it doesn't work lock yourself in the bathroom and give yourself a spa day. Draw a nice bath and just sit in the tub and relax put head phone in to block out the mommy calls from outside the door. lol.. hey it could work let daddy keep them busy. well we can dream can't we. UUUMMM a nice long spa day that sounds so nice if it isn't given who says you can't go yourself. Have a great weekend and angel hugs to ya, Roberta
Roberta

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to brcansur's response:
I think I'll have to take your "locking myself in the bathroom" suggestion Roberta - you must be familiar with small kids and privacy - or lack of it!

Thank you for the suggestion -

Happy Friday!

Haylen

bcdevil replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen
Your children are beautiful!!! Happy Mothers Day to you too!! I miss my girls being small!! I always tell young mommies that are tired or worn out, that kids give you long days, but short years. Can't believe my youngest, who wants to be an oncologist, just finished her 1st yr of college with a 3.9 gpa. She is freaking out cuz it wasn't 4.0!!! I hope you get some nice treatment and they treat you like a princess!! I know for sure you deserve it, just for all you do to help me and all of us pink ladies!! I'm so very thankful for all of you!!
hugs and lucky shamrocks
Sandy

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to bcdevil's response:
Thanks Sandy - your daughter sounds amazing and I'm sure she'll reach any goal she sets. Were you able to spend time with any of your kids or are they far away from you?

I'm trying to savor these "young years". My treat this morning was sleeping in...till 8:30! And flowers and breakfast.

Haylen

bcdevil replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen,
Hope you had a great day!! Two of my girls live with us still and one has her own home about an hour away. We had a real nice bbq and it was fun, but i'm still kinda wore out from all this. I'm hoping to gain some of my energy back soon. My girls are 24, 20 and 19. They are very busy creating careers for themselves right now and i couldn't be prouder of them. Theie successes is what drives me to succeed, so i don't always tell them the truth about how i'm feeling. The last thing i want to do is drag them down!! I said from the beginning of my cancer, that i didn't want their lives to change because of this. Glad you had as happy day!! I always say young children give us mothers "long days, but short years" Enjoy them because they grow up in a blink of an eye!!!
Hugs n lucky shamrocks
Sandy

jenna291 replied to bcdevil's response:
I hope you all had a wonderful Mothers Day! My "kids" are 25 and 22, and one graduated from high school and one from college the year I finished chemo! What ups and down those 6 months were! I believe my children gave me the strength to get out bed and pull thru!
Every day and every year becomes more and more special!
Greatest job I have ever had is being a mom. Also, the most challenging and fullfillling!!
enjoy the week ladies and smell the beautiful spring flowers!
Jenna xo

JLAMB26 responded:
I woke up to my four year old son hugging me and saying "Happy Mother's day mamma, I love you." I couldn't have asked for a better way to start my day! Happy Mother's Day to all of you. Jennifer

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to JLAMB26's response:
Awwwwww....Jennifer, that is so special! Thanks for sharing!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center