Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Could Use Some Good Thoughts
rachael67 posted:
Tomorrow I go for my annual mammogram and check-up...I don't have to mention to anyone here that tomorrow evening (assuming all goes well) I will finally be able to exhale, right?

I sure could use a bit of support and happy vibes tonight.

Thanks all... and blesings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly!  
Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

bcdevil responded:
Rachael,
Sending you all my precious lucky shamrocks for all you have done for me!! I'm sure you need hopeful hearts and tons of Roberta's angel hugs!! We will all be with you tomorrow in our thoughts and prayers!! We are all a part of each other forever!
Take a deep breath and try to relax!!! You do so much for all of us every day and i'm so grateful for all your help and encouragement!
Go get em girl. I just know you are gonna ROCK this!!
Hugs and lucky shamrocks galore!
sandy

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
YES - you will be able to exhale!!!! Sending big (((HUGS)))

Haylen

Janice_78 responded:
Rachael,

I'm sending good vibes and a hand to hold tomorrow.

I'm in the process of trying to schedule mine. It's such a hassle! I called the center today to schedule. They told me I had to have a script faxed in to them and to call the doctor. I did this. Late this afternoon I called the center back. They had not gotten the script. They called the doctor back. I asked the center why I have to jump through so many hoops. They said that mine was diagnostic and not a screening to check on the "affected" breast. The other one was considered "screening". I tried to explain to the knuckle head that they couldn't mamo a nonexistent breast. We went round and round. I still don't have an appointment. SIGH!!!!

Can you believe that?!? Tomorrow I've got to get back on the phone to straighten this out. I guess I'll find time between my two already scheduled appointments. UGH!!!!!!!!

I'm also sending you lots off love.

Janice

mhall6252 responded:
Keep breathing, Rachael! Everything will be just fine!!!

Sending positive thoughts your way!

Michelle

GGrandmaJan responded:
Rachael,
Remember to breathe--Big breath in----now out---in and out. That is what you tell us all the time. .

Sending huge hugs and a boat load of good wishes.....

We will all be aboard the Pink bus just for you.

Does the Pinkie Float? Due to all the flooding back east we sure do need it to Float.

Hugs. Jan

judyfams replied to mhall6252's response:
Rachel,

Good thoughts and good vibes being sent your way from here in NJ!

Judy

jenna291 replied to judyfams's response:
I am sending positive thoughts and lots of prayers!!!! Ten pound weights will be lifted from your shoulders when you get the all clear!!!!
Can't wait to see your positive post!!! Jenna

brcansur responded:
Rachael I did not see this post till this morning due to my MRI getting moved up to Mon afternoon. But know that my prayers and angel hugs are with you all the time so when ever you need them all you have to do is ask and you will feel those angel wings wrap around you and my arms at the sametime. I wish you well, comfort, and strength to get you through the mammo and then go out and have a good day go out take a deep breath and relax you will be fine. You are a very strong women and will be doing a lot of exhaling lol...
Roberta

Lindaquilt responded:
Rachael, I just saw this today, I was tied up with grandkids and yesterday I got my pump out and had lots to do. I am sure you did well, I didn't see and updated post. I send you lots of angel hugs to you. Let us know how you made out.

rachael67 responded:
Thanks all!!!!

My exam went well today so I made it past first base. While at that facility (an hour and half from my home), I drove past my Mom's old house....Hadn't felt ready to see it prior to this, but I had determined that today I would do so. Kinda hard even though she has been gone for over two years. However, that also went well...The new owners have changed things enough so that I can see both the improvements as well as what they took away. Overall, I doubt that Mom would complain as they are doing the house and her proud.

So, I rounded to second on that one. Now, however, the game is called for about a week until I get the mammogram report. It went well, but I am still holding my breath! Fingers and toes crossed that no one calls me on the phone! I'll be most happy to wait patiently (or not!) for the postcard!!

I definitely DID feel everyone of you beside me.Thanks so very much for caring enough to be concerned!!

Will keep you all posted.

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

kiwiallright replied to rachael67's response:
Rachael,

I know going in for test is always nerve racking - - I pray for the best for you - and I am sure that all will be well. Yes we all breath after the exams and breath even better when we get the results.

You have always been so thoughtful of others.

I hate to say this but at this time as far as I know I never have to get squeezed again. Even with the reconstruction because there is apparently nothing left of the actual breast - just all the fat they moved up there. I do go in for a PET Scan this week, I figure being at stage 3B two years ago, this is the only indicator that I know of that will tell me if it has gone anywhere.

Good Luck and do we ever wonder why results take so long. Mind you the health care program I am on has an online check your health and most times as long as the testing is not done at the Cancer Center, I go on line and most times my results are posted by the end of the day - not sure if the Dr's appreciate this but I like it.

God Be with you and everyone always

mary

brcansur replied to rachael67's response:
Rachael I am so glad to hear that you made it over two hills in one day that is great news. I know it is hard going past your moms house but it is also a time to see that things may have changed but will be ok. Your mom is still with you but in different ways always in your heart and the stories you remember and tell. About the mammo and waiting for results I know the feeling but we all need to breath and try not to worry. It is very hard but I am keeping my mind busy doing otherthings like quilting, cooking and yes cleaning one of my things to do when I need to stay busy. I know I am odd crazy I like to clean and cook and even iron. lol. I am one of those ladies lol... So try and keep your mind busy unless you want some of my crazy ideas to help you I don't mind helping lol.. Best of luck to you I will send out my prayers and angel hugs to you Roberta
Roberta

rachael67 replied to brcansur's response:
Oh, how I know what you mean about cleaning when you are overwhelmed! I always feel if I can just put the things around me in order, then all the chaos that is going on in my head and soul will also smooth out! Not sure just how effective it is, but it does certainly make my house cleaner!

( 'Course, on the opposite side of the coin, if all is well, you can just imagine the dreadful site my house is!!! )

Blessings and thanks.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

bcdevil replied to rachael67's response:
Rachael,
I hope all is still well!! Remember no news is good news. I will continue to pray for good results and for you to be able to relax and breathe. I also go on cleaning frenzys when i'm nervous or upset. My house was spotless prior to surgery, but needs attention since i'm limited in what i can do. But that's not as important to me anymore, living while i'm alive is!! Be kind to yourself and try to breathe deep and smeel the roses!! Keep me updated. You are in my thoughts and prayers!!
Hugs and lucky shamrocks
Sandy

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
60 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center