Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Latest round of appts.
GGrandmaJan posted:
Hi All,

Saw my Onc Dr. yesterday in Oly. Told him he could run but I would track him down. As I usually see him in Chehalis. We had a good laugh at that one.

This is the plan:

1.June 6--PET scan.

2. June 8---Hosp to have Power Port put in. Another darn surgery. UGH.

3. June 13--See Onc Dr. for Pet and Lab results.
And possibly to start chemo.

So I have 2 weeks and 4 days to get sewing done--work in my garden---do extra cooking for meals and freeze them---CALM down----and clean house. You do all notice cleaning house is last on my priority list. LOL LOL LOL.

See I figure if I post my appts on here then I won't forget them--plus I have them written on the calendar.

Oh yes, take my Mom to get her hair done---help her pay her bills---and try to make her understand I will be out of commission for awhile. She is 91 and memory is failing fast. Thank Heaven's she lives in an awsome assisted living place with her own apt.

O.K. off we go.
Thanks all.
Jan

rachael67 responded:
Oh my! I can hear the sewing machine even as I type!!

Love your exchange with the doc...It's nice to be comfortable with one of the team right from the get-go!

Sounds like you've a pretty busy schedule ahead...Please remember to be kind to yourself and to rest when you should and all the other good stuff. Okay?

It's okay that the last thing on your list is cleaning the house...Just don't ever let it be the "calming down"!! Remember...breathe!!

You know Pinkie will be gassed up and ready to roll on all the dates...and we will all be with you!

Blessings always, my Friend!
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

judyfams responded:
Jan,

Where in your plan is the night out for a great dinner, and/or a funny movie and/or an outing with friends and family????

You have earned all the above!

When I was going through treatment (not having, wanting or needing a blackberry!) I had my little pocket daily calendar in which I wrote down each treatment related appointment. I then highlighted thos with pink highlighter so they jumped out at me each time I took out my calendar.

And lo and behold I did not miss one test, one chemo, one radiation, or one doctor's appointment. Although I did forget to pick up my granddaughter at school once and she called me and I did get there!

Good luck - you will tough this out as us ladies who have more "life experience" (euphorism for "older") do and do very well!

Please enjoy the next two weeks - and know we will be there with you as you begin you journey in June.

Judy

Janice_78 responded:
Gee, I responded a couple of hours ago, but it never posted.

It's good to know that you've got a plan mapped out. I love your positive attitude!

Hugs,

Janice

brcansur responded:
Jan I love how sewing is top on your list lol. That is how I am then it goes to less fun things to do. I love cooking and backing so I don't mind doing that and I did the same as you made meals ahead. But I also like to clean so that wouldn't be a problem either but I like sewing and quilting the most. I wish the the best in june it is going to be a very busy month for you but you will get through it. Make sure to have some fun before it all starts take time out for you. I will send my prayers for you and angel hugs take care have a great weekend. Roberta
Roberta

0910faith responded:
Jan you are amazing.
Your energy is wonderful
lots of luck to you, prayers are going your way
faith

Helpful Tips

Radiation Burns
I had terrible burns over 2/3rds of my breast after 7 weeks of radiation & I was miserable. Here is what I did. The doctor told me to ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center