Skip to content
Blood Vessels in Breast Easily Broken
An_188750 posted:
Since starting puberty about 10 years ago, I have always had sensitive bbreasts--and not just during PMS. Tonight while I was taking off my bra, I accidentally pinched the underside of my right breast, and I immediately started to bleed under my skin--like a broken blood vessel or something. I didn't pinch it very hard, and when I squeezed my breast again in the surrounding area and on my left breast as well (to kind of "test it out", I guess), the same thing happened each time. I could be wrong, but I dont' think that it is normal for tiny red pinpricks of blood to immediately form under the skin just from pinching. Should I be concerned?

judyfams responded:
Any changes that you note in the breast should be checked out by a breast doctor. You might want to take a picture of the tiny red pinpricks to show the doctor in case they are gone by the time of your appointment.
For you this may be ":normal" hormone fluctuatiions even though you do not relate them to your period or it may be something else entirely. The only way to know what they are is to have it checked out. Sometimes the not knowing could cause you more anxiety than having a diagnosis.
I strongly urge you to make an appointment with a doctor as soon as possible.
Please stay in touch and let us know what you find out.
Judy

Helpful Tips

Breast Cancer Survivor
I had breast cancer surgery on right side just below my breast 2.2 cm part since 2001. It also removed 21 nodes my armpit to protect cancer ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center