Skip to content
Off to surgery Roberta
brcansur posted:
Well ladies it is off to surgery again but this time it is a good surgery I am getting my new implant put in. All is clear no more infection and the redness is gone so in goes the new one. I told the ps if he didn't do it soon I was going to start to walk lop sided he just laughed and said ok how about june 21 and I was that is fine with me and here I am. I just can't wait for it all to be behind me. I have to be there at 9 same as last time it is exactually 3 weeks to the day from my last surgery hope it is good luck. I feel fine it has a good feel to it again so we shall see. I will let you know how it goes as soon as I feel up to it. You sweet ladies have a great day angel hugs Roberta
Roberta

bcdevil responded:
Remember Roberta, we are with you! Think about the bonfire we are gonna have!
Love and lucky shamrocks
Sandy

cindy12345678 responded:
Roberta,
Yes , remember that we are all with you!!! I'm glad your body is feeling good again!That makes a big difference.. I hope all goes well and you have a speedyand well balanced(LOL) recovery!
Love and hugs,
Cindy

rachael67 responded:
We're all on the Pink Bus just for you!! We've loaded tons of good thoughts and wishes and are all standing by to make sure the docs treat you well!

Many Blessings.
Rachale
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

0910faith responded:
Sweet Roberta,
I am sending you angel hugs this
day. I know your surgery will be
a success. I have been thinking about
you nonstop.
Please feel angel hugs all around you
this day and every day. Today
is my hubby's birthday so I know it
will be a lucky day for you.
I still have drip and drop.
Getting tired of hiding the tubing.
I want to catch up to everyone and get
my fills. I think I deserve them.
I have been really good. Well----
Not all the time. LOL
love you hugs
faith

jenna291 replied to 0910faith's response:
Hi Roberta,
I love your sense of humor!!! I think it keeps us all going to laugh at some of these crazy things we go thru.
Good wishes, hugs, and flowers coming your way!
~Jenna

brcansur responded:
goodmorning ladies I made it home last night around 8 from hospital. My ps tried to expand my breast in OR but to much scare tissue and to tight so had to come home with expander in that really s---. But he knows what is best but boy do I hurt I feel like he got a hold of Sandy's pink bat and beat the crap out of my chest and ribs. I am in a lot of pain taking pain pills every 4 hours as told no if ands or buts about it. I was in recovery for a long time they couldn't get the pain under control I maxed out on morphin and fentinal so They finally sent me back up to my room around 4 p.m. my surgery was at 12:30. I go back to see ps next mon for post op then I start that fill thing all over again I am going to wait till summer is over before anymore surgery's I need a break my body is yelling at me for a break. I will keep you all posted thank you so much for all your prayers and good wishes. Angel hugs Roberta
Roberta

brcansur replied to bcdevil's response:
Sandy
I can't wait for that bon fire now I will have an expander and implants to burn and beat the crap out of lol fun fun fun. We will look like a bunch of women gone crazy. Make sure none of your neighbors can see us or we will all be taken out in and put in the loony bin.lol.. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta
Roberta

brcansur replied to cindy12345678's response:
cindy
thank you and I will still be off balance for a while needed to get expander. So will need fills again before I get my new implant but that is ok as long as I don't start to walk lop sided. Because that would look a little funny and scary for any child near me I would look like the hunch back of notra dame, I could put one of my fiber fill boobs on my back and really make it look good and walk lop sided lol.. I am getting so used to having only one it is going to be strange when they do getmy other side filled up to have two breast the same again. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta
Roberta

brcansur replied to rachael67's response:
Rachale
Thank you for the bus ride it was nice to have you all there I could feel you all comforting me through the day. Just wish you had a stronger drink to take the pain away.The doc treated me great he did what he felt was best so I would not get another infection and that was to put the expander in because there was to much scare tissue and skin to tight to put the implant right in. I was worried about waking up with some crazy toe naisl no I had a crazy hair do all sticking up like crazy uumm who did that? It looked like someone teased it all over. I went with my hair still a little wet so I guess that is what I get and some help from others moving me around.Have a great day angel hugs Roberta
Roberta

brcansur replied to 0910faith's response:
Faith
Surgery went well I guess we will be getting fills together I had to get an expander in and not the implant. Due to a lot of scare tissue and skin being to tight he could not put the implant right in plus it could cause and infection with it being so tight. So we can get fills together and I am going to give my body a break and wait till after summer to get the implant in. My body is screaming at me and needs a break right now from surgery. I like how you say you have been really good then say not all the time bad girl lol.. as long as you do what you should be doing for the drains to work and taking care of that then you are good. I am thinking of you and sending my angel hugs always Roberta
Roberta

brcansur replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna
Hello thank you for your good wishes and all. My sense of humor will always be here that is something that no one or nothing can take away. It stayed strong all through the battle with cancer no matter what I was going through I still had my sense of humor that is just how I am alway finding the fun in everything. I have always been that way since I was young. I have never been one to dwell on the negative or think about but what if this happens type stuff. I due put pros and cons of things and weigh the two to make decitions sometimes but that is about it. I don't like thinking about the neg for to long if I can help it.So that is were my sense of humor comes in to turn a neg into something fun and positive. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta
Roberta

bcdevil replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta,
I'm sorry you had to get expander again! At least you are listening to your p.s. and your body. You don't need an implant that is gonna get infected again. My implants feel tight, i hope they aren't too tight. Will find put tomorrow. Stay on those pain meds girl and rest, rest, and rest!! Don't worry bout the neighbors here, they already know i'm nuts! Matter of fact, they are too!! That's why we gel so well!! I will call you tomorrow to check up on you! Now behave yourself!
All i have to say is next summer, we better all be at my pool, celebrating this b.s. being behind all of us!! Stay strong and gentle angel hugs your way!!
Love and lucky shamrocks
Sandy

jazyjaz responded:
It's true you do have a sense of humor that makes us feel better keeps our hopes up. We thank you for being you, may everything go well hope you feel better soon in Jesus name.

cindy12345678 replied to brcansur's response:
Roberta,
You have such a good sense of humor! I needed a good laugh today! I am supposed to be cheering you up! I hope the expander doesn't hut too much. Is it like the first time or is there more room in there? I am asking in case I have to get one of these replaced.I cannot get the image of the fiberfill boob on your back out of my mind! That is going to have me snikering for awhile! It is funny how you get used to the changes. Then you have to do it again. I hope you feel better soon.
Love and Hugs ,
Cindy

Helpful Tips

Alternative consumer self-test device for early detection of breast cancer?
This may be an interesting personalized alternative for early detection to then be verified through Breast MRI/Mammography: Eclipse, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center