Skip to content
Hi ho, hi ho...off to round 2 chemo I go!
mhall6252 posted:
And hoping the SE's are no worse than round one. If so, I'll be pleasantly surprised again. I called round one the equivalent of morning sickness without the promise of a baby...which is a good thing at my age.

My hair is hanging tight, but I do expect it to go any day now. I am faithfully putting on my "face" every morning so I am looking pretty good so far. Wearing my new "almost" blond wig cut in a nice short summer "do."

Ready to "git 'er done!"

Michelle
FirstPrevious12NextLast

rachael67 responded:
Walking beside you, pretty lady!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

brcansur responded:
I am also right there beside you with a lot of angel hugs to comfort you. Roberta
Roberta

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to brcansur's response:
I'm so impressed with your great attitude! Sending positive thoughts and (((HUGS))) from the west coast!

Haylen

p.s. my uncle starts chemo for the first time today - he's terrified. Getting ready to call him...

JLAMB26 responded:
Keep up the great attitude! Before you know it, you will have every round behind you:)

cindy12345678 responded:
I am also walking beside you. Love your attitude! No.2 down!
Love , Hugs and strengh,
Cindy

mhall6252 replied to cindy12345678's response:
Thanks everyone! I am home, relaxing and eating dinner. Apparently I am "sensitive" to the Neulasta shot so my white counts were terrific. My reds are a little low but not bad and my protein level was a tad low. Surprising considering that I eat a higher protein, low carb diet to manage my diabetes. And oh, I lost 3.5 pounds. Now while my diabetes will appreciate that, it will not help me get DIEP reconstruction! And I never missed a single meal, so I'm not sure what else I can do. Eat more ice cream and popcorn, I suppose. Darn it!!!

I wrote on my blog, in case anyone wants to take a look:

www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com

Thanks again for hanging out on Pinkie with me!

Michelle

cindy12345678 replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle,
I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I had a hard time with the a/c. I had horrible heart burn. I lost about 10 lbs total during treatment. You can delay reconstuction until you gain the weight back. It came back pretty fast for me. Just try to eat the best that you can. Love your attitude and your blog!
Love and hugs,
Cindy

mhall6252 replied to cindy12345678's response:
I'm lucky that Prilosec seems to have relieved the heartburn. I am taking it every day now until after I finish chemo. No reason to suffer with that if I can avoid it.

Part of me is thrilled with the weight loss. I'm eating everything, just smaller portions and I do eat low carb because of the diabetes. Exactly what I should be doing...

Day after chemo #2 and I am doing really well. I've had 2 breakfasts...lol...and I will go for a Neulasta shot at about 2 p.m.

Not gonna let this get me down!!!

Michelle

rachael67 replied to mhall6252's response:

blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

0910faith replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle,
You are so strong.
I have been thinking about you and hoping you
are doing well. I hate that you have to do
Chemo. You're going to knock that bc to
the outer heavens.
Don't let it get you down.
love n hugs
faith

jenna291 replied to 0910faith's response:
Keep up that great atatitude! It sure is har sometimes, but stay strong!!!

I also got into some funky earrings when my hair came out! they made me feel a little more normal!!!

good wishes and hugs coming your way - Jenna

jenna291 replied to rachael67's response:
Michelle,

Stay strong!!! Your attitude will hellp pull you thru!
Great earrings worked for me too during the bald period!
I tolerated the nuelasta pretty good too and had low red blood count. Tried chicken soup with spinach for added iron

hugs and well wishes coming your way~ Jenna

rachael67 replied to jenna291's response:
Gals, I never thought about earrings! And I've not heard of anyone else suggesting them. But they are an absolutely WONDERFUL idea!!! Thanks!!

Blessings.
Rachael

mhall6252 responded:
Yes! Earrings, makeup, whatever makes you "look good" will help you to "feel better." That is the whole premise of the ACS program.

I think I'm on the upswing this morning and feeling pretty good. I'm shedding like a dog with mange (and hoping I can get DH to buzz my head tonight at sunset on the boat dock). Romantic, eh???

I've got the funky taste going on, so my coffee this morning didn't taste all that great. But I got down enough to avoid a caffeine headache. I'm still drinking everything in sights, which definitely seems to help neutralize the side effects.

We have a lot going on this weekend and I am glad that I will be able to have a little fun. My preconceived notion was that I'd be a mess for 3-5 days after treatment, but so far that is not the case.

Thanks so much for all your kind words, thoughts and prayers!

Michelle

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
60 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center