Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ROLL CALL! Who's here today?
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Good morning! I see lots of new names here and thought we could do a roll call check in - nothing formal. Just a quick introduction to welcome the newbies.

I'm the moderator for this board. I live in Los Angeles (and survived carmageddon this weekend) with my husband and daughters - ages 3 and 6. My fraternal grandmother had breast cancer. Although I pass out at every mammogram (3 years in a row!), I am committed to prevention!

Who's next?

Haylen

mhall6252 responded:
Michelle's here. LOL, Haylen!!! And congrats on surviving carmageddon - that was quite a news story!!!

I live with my DH in Salem, NH, on Arlington Pond (a lake, really) and I am surrounded by my mom, 4 children, their spouses and SO's and 3 grandchildren who all live within 45 minutes.

I'm currently doing DD AC x4 and T x4, 3 down 5 to go.

Michelle

brcansur responded:
Hello and welcome I am Roberta a 3 year breast cancer survivor I had a bilateral mast in 2008 recontruction in 2009. I am triple neg had chemo and living life to the fullest enjoying everyday as it comes. I love to be outdoors and in mygardens ,I have veg and flowers. I am restarting a rose garden that a friend mowed down on me when I was going through chemo lol he said he didn't see them that's men for ya...lol I had 8 only 1 lasted after that. Now I am back up to 5 and they are doing very good and very pretty. I also like to go hiking and looking for waterfalls or light houses on my hikes.
I also like to sew, quilt, cook, bake, and even clean and paint when I can't be outdoors due to weather. I look forward to hearing from others and what they enjoy doing for fun or to just relax. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta
Roberta

susan1240 responded:
Dear Haylen and others ... I live in Michigan with my husband and 17 year old son ... also have 2 grown step-sons. Had a double mastectomy in 2009, chemo, and later expanders, then implants. Had stage 1 and 2 lobular breast cancer. (estrogen positive) I am very uncomfortable with the implants, but my ps says there isn't a "reason" to remove them. Have decided to wait ANOTHER year to see if anything improves. For now, I take it a day at a time and try to stay busy ... (distractions!) Have seen many professional about my discomfort. This site is so helpful .... have found kindness and support here. : - )

Love, hugs and hearts,
Susan

sadblossom responded:
Howdy Haylen!
Glad you survived your weekend ordeal! Do you really pass out when you get mammos? Never heard of that, I have panic attacks when I get them. lolz! Might as well laugh.

My name is Pat~sadblossom.I live in West Texas. Oil field country. Have an empty nest of 5 kids of 11 grandkids and 1 great grand baby. Just got a new puppy.....Tator-Tot. I had a lumpectomy 2 years ago and had to have 3 surgeries to get clear margins, lost 8 nodes, 2 were cancer. Lost about 1/4 of one breast. Had 30 rad treatements and still have a fatigue problem. Taking Arimidex for 3 more years or so. Have some side effects but I am stubborn and sticking with it.Makes it rough having RA with these side effects.
I do what ever it takes to get my mind off of the cancer and off my next appt. These check ups still scare me silly. Have one next month and already worrying.
I love to cook and love to watch Julia Child. I can't always cook everyday cause I stay tired but I do what I can. I love watching dvds. I can't be outside much in the sun because of RA so I have to play indoors. I love to sew and I am also an EXTREME COUPONER! I have a stock room! lolz! Yes, I really do! Love it!!
Love this posting project! Thanks Haylen!
Pat~sadblossom

Shell1007 responded:
Hi Everybody,
I am one of the new girls here. I live in Wa state with my husband of 24 years. We have 2 sons in college. I was diagnosed with IDC in Sept 2010. Had a lumpectomy Oct 7th. My cancer was small, 0.6cm, lymph nodes Neg, ER/PR Pos, Her2 Neg. I started radiation in Nov. & finished in Jan. I now tell anyone who will listen how lucky I am that my cancer was found so early. This a great site for information, practical advice, sharing & caring. Thanks to ALL of you for being here

cindy12345678 responded:
Hi! My name is Cindy. I am from Illinois..I am 46.Married for 10yrs. No babies though.( we wanted them) I was diagnosed in Jul 2010. I had two different kinds of cancer. Invasive ductal carcinoma on the left and infiltrating plemoric lobular on the right. I had chemo T/H and A/C. I also had bi-lateral mast. in Jan 2011. I had expanders and have just gotten my implants. I am pretty comfy with the implants. Sorry to you ladies who are having problems. I hope that I don't. I take tamoxifen(lobular was estrogen ) and I am getting herceptin (IV) until nov(ductal was her2 ). I enjoy this board because there is so much information and caring!
Cindy

rachael67 responded:
Hi All!

I am Rachael. Been a member of this this board since 2003(Prior to this latest re-do of the site we were called Friend to Friend [aka "F2F"> ---A name I prefer as it describes us so much better!!)

I was diagnosed with DCIS, had lumpectomy followed by 35 rounds of rads. Have refused anti-hormone therapy as I feel, for me, the risks outweigh the benefits.

I live in mid-Michigan, but do love the NE very much. I have one daughter and five grandchildren, but miles are my enemy as they live in Oregon and I do not fly.

I am most fortunate to have married one of the really "good guys"!! I thank heaven for him daily!

Blessings.
Rachael

PS...I also drive the PInk Bus!
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly! Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

jenna291 replied to rachael67's response:
Hi ladies!!!!
I am Jenna, living in the Boston area where it is supposed to hit a whopping 100 degrees later this week!
I was diagnosed with bc in Nov 2006. I had a mammogram 3 months prior which was clear and got the "see you next year" from the radiologist. I found my own lump. I ended up with stage II invasive ductal carcinoma, 14 nodes removed, they were clear. Had 4 months of chemo to reduce lump in Jan 07-April 07, then a lumpectomy followed by 36 weeks of radiation. I am still followed by my doctors for another year. I have oncology visit Friday with bloodwork. Always trying to think and feel as positive as possible!!!!! I have a great family and great friends who have been super supportive (kids are now 26 and 22) I am taking arimidex, minimal side effects. I don't like to complain too much as people have it a lot worse!!!
Welcome to all the newcomers. This is a great place to chat and vent!!!! ~ Jenna

mhall6252 replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna - I live about 35 minutes north of Boston (Salem, NH) and I am having a little gathering of breast cancer gals next Monday evening. So far, there will be 4 of us, but the more the merrier. I don't know if you ever go to breastcancer.org - that is where we all met over the past year. If you are interested, send me an email at mchall6252@comcast.net and I will send you the details. Hoping you can join us!

Michelle

Anon_136765 responded:
Hello, I'm Jennifer. I'm 42 and I live in Madison, Wisconsin ( a beautiful city but hot hot hot today) with my husband of 15 years and my 1 year old baby girl and 4 year old son. I was diagnosed on accident last July just after the birth of my baby while having a cyst checked out. Had stage 2B IDC and also DCIS with two positive nodes. E & P negative and Her2 positive. I had a mastectomy followed by 6 months of chemo and will receive herceptin until October. I'm looking at reconstruction for this fall. This board has been so informational and supportive for me!
Good thoughts to everyone!
Jennifer

Jean0526 responded:
Hi, I am Jean, one of the older members, like Rachael, of F2F. I was diagnosed with micro-invasive DC in 2005. It was found very early with a routine mammagram. My choice was to have a mastectomy, but because the cancer was so small I needed no further treatment. It was HER positive, but the drs. felt Herceptin was so new at that time it could pose a greater risk by having it. Fortunately I have had no further problems.

I live in IL, also very hot like most of the country. I have 3 children and when I was diagnosed I had one little grandchild. We now have #6 on the way and they all live nearby so we are very blessed. My husband of 45 years and I travel alot, some-times to escape our "blessings" for a week or two.

I read this site often, but seldom post. Partially because I am not up to date on all the advances in bc treatment. I definitely do remember all the emotional stress and do understand the many fears and problems of being diagnosed with bc.

Jean

jbagleyfnp responded:
Hi, my name is Jennifer, I am 38 yrs old. I am married to a wonderful husband of 15 years and ha e 2 great kids, ages 9 and 3,I was just recently diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer with 2 positive nodes. Surgeon only removed 2 nodes. I found the lump myself hen had US and mammo. The mammo didn't pick up my extensive cancer,

Pathology report showed 10 tumors spanning 11cm, though clear margins. Both nodes were fully engulfed with cancer cells. The cancer was both ductal and lobular. 90% Estrogen, 50% progesterin, ?HER2 was negative, possibly borderline.

My duaghter (9) has been helping me keep my spirits up. If I start cryin, she says 'momma don't cry, I will still love you even without any hair' she wants to call that 1-800 number to get a wig, I just have to laugh, I still play with her and go outside and sit while she is in the pool. She is a great swimmer.

I start chemo on monday7/25, I am quite nervous about side effects. This will be my first treatment. Bone scan and ct scans are negative. Thank you God.

Thsnk you for the support, Jennifer

JLAMB26 replied to jbagleyfnp's response:
From one Jennifer to another, I wish you the best as you start your chemo. I found that my kids were the best medicine through the process. Remember to slow down and take care of yourself though....it's very easy to push yourself too hard when you have small ones to care for. Always take advantage of the help that is offered. Good thoughts are coming your way:)

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to JLAMB26's response:
Thank you so much for participating! I work across several communities and this board is a waaaay up there in terms of support, knowledge and caring. (Rachael - I agree F2F is more accurate)

Jenna and Michelle - you must report back if you get together!

Jennifer in Wisconson - I moderate the 4&5 Parenting Community if you ever want to drop in. Some great moms over there. Jennifer B, your 9 year old sounds like a keeper! Let me know when she can babysit

OMG Pat - An extreme couponer! LOL. You must share one of your most impressive runs with us!

Ahhh - have more to say but 3 YO just beaned 6 YO in the head with a sippy cup - tears and drama!

Who is next???

Haylen

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
60 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center