Skip to content
AC #4 - done!!!
mhall6252 posted:
I am home and feeling pretty good, just relaxing on the couch, catching up on some Hell's Kitchen episodes and doing a little posting.

It's all good. And I am so fortunate that I have the physical capacity to fight this battle. A close friend of mine was diagnosed with extensive small cell lung cancer just two weeks ago, her kidneys have shut down and she is now in Palliative Care. She didn't even get a chance to fight. So devastating for her family and friends.

Michelle

brcansur responded:
Michelle
Hello, so happy to hear you got your 4 th under your belt and on your way to the other half yaaa half way mark. Very happy you did well and home relaxing and watching some of your programs. Keep up all the good work and stay strong and positive I will be right here cheering you on all the way. Sending my prayers and angel hugs every day for you and your family.
I am so sorry to hear about your friend it just breaks my heart to think what her and her family must be going through. You are so right she didn't even have a chance to fight that is so upsetting. I couldn't even imagine not having a chance to try and fight the cancer. That is all my life has been the past 3 years fighting to stay a live and beat cancer. This really wakes you up and makes you look at life a liitle differently even more then I already have since breast cancer. You never know what tomorrow might bring so live for today like it maybe your last have fun and spend time with family and friends. I will pray for her and her family .
Have a good day angel hugs Roberta
Roberta

mhall6252 replied to brcansur's response:
Thank you, Roberta. Yes, there is a Tim McGraw song called "Live Like You Were Dyin' " and those words are so true.

And that is why I never get tired of having my family and friends come to visit us! After 17 years of living away from all of them, I am so grateful for every minute I get because it could all change in an instant.

Hugs,
Michelle

GGrandmaJan responded:
Michelle,
You are such a strong courageoous woman. I do not see how you handle the AC so well. You must have taken good care of YOU all the years prior. 6 yrs ago I had one tx of AC and whole bod fell apart. Well, at least the digestive tract did. Thank Heaven's my breast ca was borderline questionable for chemo anyway.

Keep up the good work---you are awesome. Love your blog--I have learned so much from you.

I am so sorry about your friend. What a darn shame she isn't getting a chance to fight this horrible disease. I feel so sorry for her--her family and all her good friends.

Good thoughts and huge hugs going your way.
Blessings
Jan
Yesterday is History--Tomorrow is a Mystery--Today is a Gift that is why it's called---The Present!!!----Quoted from Eleanor Roosevelt.

mhall6252 replied to GGrandmaJan's response:
Thanks so much, Jan! I must say I was terrified that chemo would affect my diabetes and that I would also fall apart. But I've been diligent with my diabetes over the past decade and I think that has made this easier than it might otherwise have been. And to be honest, I think there's a lot of luck involved. No one can really know how they will react until they get that first infusion. I will say that my medical team has listened to and addressed my every concern, no matter how trivial it might seem. I am convinced that their attention to every detail has made a huge difference.

Everyone says Taxol will be easier. If so, it should be fairly easy. I'm hoping for easy street!

Hugs,
Michelle

cancer47 replied to mhall6252's response:
I love the Tim McGraw song and try to make time for those things, like taking my 81 year old Mom out for ice cream:) The things to do list can be very simple things. Add one of them today just for you. Memories can never be taken away:)) Except for a little "chemo brain" when do you get your mind back??

mhall6252 replied to cancer47's response:
My Mom is also 81 and I took her to the beach for lobster and claim, then for ice cream last week. It's a bit of a trek, I think I drove almost 150 miles that day. But it's my mom, so ...

My husband is teasing me about chemo brain because he thinks he "can" but so far, I don't feel like I am suffering that particular side effect. I'll reserve judgment until I finish chemo, but so far, so good.

Michelle

mhall6252 replied to mhall6252's response:
LOL!!! That's clams not claim. And I made the "claim" of no chemo brain. Maybe I should rethink my position )

jenna291 replied to mhall6252's response:
I do get forgetful at times and blame "chemo brain" but could partly be menopause!!!! Of course all the junk that was put in our systems, who knows what long term effects they can cause???
Michelle, I love what you said about your mom and taking her out - my mom turned 82 in July and is not feeling so well. She has to go for an endoscopy next week for severe stomach pain and I am so worried about her!!! It just shows that you must keep busy and do fun things with people you care about when you and they feel well. This journey has taught me a lot about relationships and what is important in life. Try not to sweat the small stuff in life as much!!!!
HUGS!!! Jenna

0910faith replied to jenna291's response:
Jenna,
You are so right. I get forgetful to. I think its just life.
We have a lot on our minds.
I am so glad you are so attentive with your mom
I hope she can feel better after the procedure.
I'm sure she is worried about you more than her.
You are in my prayers . Be there for her.
I lost my my twenty years ago and I wish every day
that she were here. I spent her last days with her.
I quit my job her last three month and my sister and I
took turn staying with her. It was really good for us
and she really liked the attention. Her mind was perfect
until the last day. Enjoy her and celebrate her life every
day.
Love and Hugs
faith

0910faith responded:
Michelle,
I'm sorry to hear about your friend.
We are lucky aren't we. It's not fun
but here are those around us with more
problems. I will pray for her. I do that a
lot for all of us.
I wish her and her family the best.
And what to say to you.
You are my rock Michelle and in my thoughts
daily.
Love n Hugs
faith

mhall6252 replied to 0910faith's response:
Thanks, Faith! Those are very sweet words and I appreciate you!

Hugs,
Michelle

brcansur replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle,
Hello, I know the song and always liked it now more then ever before it seams to mean more. I hope you are relaxing and enjoying your weekend. I have been enjoying the past few sunny days here before the weekend. Because we are supposed to get rain and storms over the weekend. If not to bad going to the beach for all you can eat crab leg dinner tomorrow night. Other then that not doing much this weekend just relaxing and doing stuff around the house.
Thinking of you and your friend and her family keeping you all near and dear to my heart in my prayers always angel hugs to you all Roberta
Roberta

Helpful Tips

Alternative consumer self-test device for early detection of breast cancer?
This may be an interesting personalized alternative for early detection to then be verified through Breast MRI/Mammography: Eclipse, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center