Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Check up time.......dreading dreading
sadblossom posted:
Ok friends,
I am here once again to ask for prayers for a good check up report. I go on Wednesday for full mammo,bloodwork,bone density(to check for any pill damage) and to see my oncologist and radiation therapist. And as it is every 6 months I am having an anxiety over load going on here, so all the support,comments,thoughts and prayers are all very welcome. You would think these 6 month check ups would get easier but they don't. At least not for me. I know there are ladies on here going thru much more difficult ordeals but just a quick thought my way is appreciated. I know you all know exactly how I feel.The only support I have this time around other than here is my sweet husband. You guys are my cancer family.
Thanks for reading.
Blessings.............
Pat~sadblossom
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jenna291 responded:
Hi Pat,
Oh I so relate to the stress before appointments! It never gets easier even after nearly 4 years for me. My bloodwork came back fine a few weeks ago, have an mri next month and then, prayerfully, I can say I will relax until radiology oncology in November. I appreciate all the follow up with the docs even tho I get scared. I like to be watched closely.
Only we who have been there can truly relate - family and friends are wonderful, but its different with those of us who have walked this road.
I will be praying hard for a great checkup for you!!!! Will wait for your post and will think of you with positive thoughts in the meantime!!!! ~ Jenna

judyfams replied to jenna291's response:
Pat,
It's amazing how we all feel you anxiety. Jenna is 4 yrs. out and feels it , and I am one year out and feel it too!
These appointments and tests make us all feel so vulnerable - because no matter how positive, strong and independent we are at all other times - we are not like that when we go for these appointments. Scared, vulnerable and numb is how I feel.
So knowing that I will be praying that you have a good checkup with equally good test results.
Let us know how it all goes on Wed.
Judy

brcansur responded:
Pat
Hello and good morning I too know how it is going for those appts I am 3 1/2 years out and get that feeling in the pit of my stomach untill my onc tells me my blood work is fine and all test also. I have been going every 4 months because of issues now I am finally at the every 6 month mark it feels good. So I am sending you lots of positive vibes prayers and angel hugs to help get you through. I will be with you in spirit holding your hand if need be a whisper in your ear saying take a nice calm breath you will be fine. I am wishing you all the best stay strong stay positive and most of all try not to worry. Have a great day angel hugs Roberta
Roberta

JLAMB26 responded:
Sending good thoughts your way! I have my first mammo after treatment next week so I am a little anxious also. I'll pray for your great checkup along with mine!!
Jennifer

jenna291 replied to JLAMB26's response:
Jennifer,
Praying for you to get great results after your first mammo post treatment~ breathe, breathe, and breathe some more!!!
Jenna

bcdevil replied to jenna291's response:
Pat,
This is my 2nd time trying to post to you. I so understand how you feel. I go for my first three month check ups on Thurs. and Friday and i'm worried sick, especially since i'm not on any hormone therapy. I don't know what to even expect at these visits. I know i will be getting tumor markers checked for sure and i don't know what my p.s. is gonna say about these scars and nipples. It's like i'm back to square one, but i will be thinking of you and praying for good clean results for you sweet lady! I'm just looking for another 3 clean months to breathe! We can pretend we are with each other thru this. Keep me posted and always know my thoughts and positive prayers are with you!
Love, hugs and tons of lucky shamrocks
Sandy

0910faith responded:
Hi Pat,
You are certainly not alone in the fear dept.
We are all with you. I get jitters everytime I
step into the drs. office after a test or blood test.
We are normal.
I am saying a prayer for you and you have my support
as well as all the ladies here.
love n hugs
faith

cindy12345678 responded:
Pat,
I think it is normal to have this anxiety. I hope all the best for you. I will say prayers for you. Let us know what happens, I want to hear a good report!
Love and hugs,
Cindy

sadblossom responded:
I just want to thank all of you for all your prayers,comments and thoughts. I am taking them all with me. I will let you know how it goes. I know you all have the same worries and rightfully so.
I will go with you all in my heart and hopefully come home with a good report and happy smiles...........until then.........
DREADING......DREADING......DREADING.........

sadblossom replied to sadblossom's response:
Oh yes! I am soooooooo glad to have you all !!!!!

HUGS!

sadblossom responded:
I GOT AN ALLLLL GOOOD REPORT!!!!!

Thank you ladies for all the prayers and positive thoughts!! I got all good reports today!!! Mammo was good, labs were good, exams by 2 doctors were both good. So, one more 6 month visit and if all is well I get to wait a year to get another check up!!! And one of my doctors told me that it is totally normal for breast cancer patients to go into 'anxiety overload' beforethey get mammos because of all the 'what if's'.
Just wanted to say THANK YOU ! for all of you being here for me on such short notice.
RELIEVED RELIEVED RELIEVED.........
Blessings......
Pat~sadblossom

Shell1007 replied to sadblossom's response:
Pat,
Sooo happy for you !!!
Do I hear a celebration coming? You deserve it
Michele

GGrandmaJan replied to sadblossom's response:
OH Yaaaayyyyyy Pat!!!!!! Good for you. !!!!!! So happy you got good news. !!!!!!! Doing the Happy Dance with you.!!!

You go girl---Let's have a party and our little dogs will get to meet each other.

Blessings and Prayers Always
Jan
Yesterday is History--Tomorrow is a Mystery--Today is a Gift that is why it's called---The Present!!!----Quoted from Eleanor Roosevelt.

kiwiallright responded:
Hi Pat,

I sweat it every time I have to go in - because we want the good news and are so worried that it will be bad news. We can only pray.
If I lived close to you I would bring you over a batch of my chocolate chip cookies - that is if you like chocolate - everyone says they are good and they seem to go whenever I take a plate to work - I sure enjoy eating them.

Take care and God Bless you and I know that all will be well. You have to much to do,

Love to all

Mary

Helpful Tips

Radiation Burns
I had terrible burns over 2/3rds of my breast after 7 weeks of radiation & I was miserable. Here is what I did. The doctor told me to ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center