Skip to content
Test Results do not come with Smiley Faces
kiwiallright posted:
HI, I will have to say that this week has not been the greatest of weeks for me, I told you all that the cancer is back in the Peritoneum- the lining of the abdomen, well I went to see the OBGYN this week and she pointed out all the place in the photo that she took while removing the baseball tumour . She pointed out a lot more than places than I previously thought or was told. Thursday I had a MRI - and as I was going through the machine I thought this is the last test that I am going to do, well the report came back literally saying that the cancer is in the bone marrow- prove me wrong by performing a biopsy. If I did not have first hand knowledge regarding cancer mets to the bones I would say I would prove you wrong. My mother had cancer of the lining of the bone marrow and was in constant back pain. I see the Dr on Tuesday..... they also found two lesions on my spleen and a cyst on my left kidney. no idea if cancerous, funny thing is the PET scan showed nothing,

Tomorrow is a busy day, I have raspberry jam to get some flowers planted, so it is off to bed.

Love to all

Mary

0910faith responded:
Mary,
I am so sorry you have reveived such terrible news.
My heart goes out to you as I understand how
upset you must be. So much for the Pet Scan,
Mammogram or Ultra Sound. they are not reliable.
I hope your doctor can give you something more to
hang onto.
Please let me tell you, I have a wonderful friend in
Florida whose daughter thought she had cancer
on her intestines. They did surgery only to find it was not
so. The pictures they took were not cancer.
Please do not give up.
My prayers are with you
love N hugs
faith

cindy12345678 responded:
Mary,
I am sorry that this has happend. You are handeling things very well. I get my first 1 yr scans in Nov. I already worry about stage 4. I was stage 3 on lobular and stage 2 on ductal. So instead of worrying I make plans on what I will do if that day comes, it makes me feel better. Are they sugesting any treatments?Are you making Rasbery Jam? I have a recipie I want to try for freezer jam. I find gardening so relaxing.
Love and hugs ,
Cindy

judyfams replied to cindy12345678's response:
Mary,
I am so sorry that you have to deal with this new development. I know there have been many advances in treating mets, and yours were found early.
Please try to continue with your wonderful positive attitude - and vow to only cry in the shower, and that too will help you fight this.
I also know that there are many good meds out there to control pain - so please don't worry about that too.
You know to stay busy and keep making plans for the furure.
We are all praying for you, and sending our love to you. Stay strong - and if you do have a bad day - just handle it by taking a few more showers!!!!!!
Love as always,
Judy

brcansur responded:
Mary
Words can't say how sorry I am or how I feel hearing your news right now. But knowing you are staying positive and still have that attitude of your that we all have come to love it a great thing. But also know we understand that everyone of us has had our bad days and we know you have yours too. So take your days in the shower just like the rest of us have and cry when you need to because it doesn't mean we are weak it just means we are humam. That we also have feelings and worries like everyone else. You are just like the rest of us pink ladies and feel and worry but god knows right now you have a lot more on your shoulders then any one of us. I am sending a lot of prayers and angel hugs your way for strength and comfort. Remember to breath when times get hard and you want to hold your breath it doesn't help and make it all go away. Just breath nice calming breaths it will help. My heart goes out to you and your family stay strong and stay positive.
Have fun making jam it sounds yummy love raspberries, and then you are planting flowers. Boy you are a busy women, you are making me tired just reading your post and thinking about it. I make jam and I get tired just from doing that. Then you are going to go out and plant flowers how do you do it? I want your energy LOL I feel old now because I couldn't do that all in one day without falling a sleep in the middle of it all lol.. Have fun
Roberta

Rachael67 responded:
Dear Friend, I am so saddened by your news! I can't begin to imagine all that you are going thru both physically and emotionally! Please feel us reaching out with gentle hugs and tons of support.

I pray that your appointment on Tuesday will offer a bit more postive perspective in what you are facing as well in treatment options. How long ago did Mom deal with this cancer? I have heard over the years that rads can greatly help ease any pain. Please ask the doctor about this. Okay?

Watch for Pinkie and for all of us...We are with you each step, I promise!!

Blessings.
Rachael
Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly!
Don't give up five minutes before the miracle!!

PinkLady44 responded:
Gentle hugs to you Mary!

You sure have had a tough week of news. I will keep praying for you that better news and results are on the horizon. Sometimes the scans show things that are suspicious, and sometimes they miss things altogether--that's why they do other tests to try and confirm what's there and what's not. It may be good thing that if something was spotted now, you have a better prognosis with early treatment and intervention at this point.

You have lots of prayers coming your way!

Hugs,

Nan / PinkLady

Jenna291 replied to PinkLady44's response:
Hi Mary,
I join the other ladies here in saying how sorry I am for your news and can only say stay strong. Boy, none of these tests are reliable by themselves. That is pretty scary.
I am sending you well wishes for Tuesday's appt and lots of prayers.
hugs and good thoughts, Jenna

kiwiallright responded:
Thank you all for your love and support. I got five batches of jam done, Roberta you will laugh when I say,I got three batches done - all freezer jam, had to run a few errands, when I got home I was beat - fell into the recyliner and slept for at least two hours. Finally made it to finish the other two batches, Mind you I have already given one batch away... Planted a few plants, will have to finish the rest tomorrow or Monday. I appreciate you all because we are all dealing with something that has something to do with cancer - trying to survive and adjust to what we now have to deal with,

Thank you all, I am truly trying to stay upbeat.

I will let all know how my appt Tuesday goes.

Love to all

Mary

brcansur replied to kiwiallright's response:
Mary
OH I feel a little better now, not so old lol you sat down a fell a sleep too before finishing everything lol !!!!! That would be me for sure I can't do much all at once any more I need small breaks in between these old bones aren't like they used to be. That jam sounds so good, I just might have to see if I can find some fresh raspberries and make myself some. Plus they are very good for you uumm I can almost taste it now. See what you got started now I am going to have to go out once this storm passes that is and find some and make jam lol.
I am praying and wishing for all good news for you on tuesday keep up the positive attitude. Angel hugs to you Roberta,
Roberta

0910faith replied to kiwiallright's response:
Mary,
I can't believe you got all that Jam finished.
Gee that sounds great. I haven't made Jam
since I was a child and my grandma let me help.

Yes, we are all dealing with cancer but this site makes
us one family. If you need to vent and whine,
let us hear from you loud and clear, we have all
leaned on each other recently.

Let us hear from you on Tuesday. Good luck

Love n hugs
faith

Helpful Tips

Breast Cancer Survivor
I had breast cancer surgery on right side just below my breast 2.2 cm part since 2001. It also removed 21 nodes my armpit to protect cancer ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center