Skip to content
Update-
barb10562 posted:
Well, went and met the doctor- very nice and didnt scare me to death at least. Since I take asperin therapy she thought I should wait 2 weeks for the biopsy so I wouldnt bruise so much. She would have done it today since I was so scared but she told me the lump was so tiny that I shouldnt worry too much and that 80 percent of lumps turn out to be nothing. Anyway, took everyones asvice and got myself some Zanex and will try now to worry for now. Thanx and hugs to u all for writing me.Barb

judyfams responded:
Barb,
Thanks for the update. Do you know what kind of biopsy you are having?
Try not to dwell on this for the next 2 weeks. I know that is hard to do, but keep busy and the days will go by quickly.
I am glad you are taking zanex - as was recommended by our wonderful ladies.
Write to us if you need us for moral (written) support - we hope all goes well for you over the next 2 weeks while you wait for the biopsy.
Judt

mhall6252 responded:
Hi Barb,
I'm here, too! So hang in there and we'll all be sending benign wishes your way!

Hugs,

Michelle

brcansur responded:
Barb
Thank you for the up date, it is nice to know you met with your new doctor and liked her that is a plus. She sounds nice and understanding. It sounds like she is going to get your nerves under control with the Zanex then do your biopsy. I think that is a good idea and it will be much easier on you that way. It is nice to hear you are doing something to help with your nerves for now no reason to be all tense and stressed out when you can have something to help you calm down. Now all you need to do is have some nice stressfree days with family and friends till your test to keep your mind busy. Now is the best time of year to be outdoors and do some fun things and keep your mind very busy. Plus this weekend is laborday what better time to stay busy. My prayers are with you for all good news for the test and anything else that comes. May you have a great day and 2 weeks before with busy filled dys and evenings and restful nights. Angel hugs Roberta,
Roberta

Jenna291 replied to brcansur's response:
Hi Barb,
Glad you like your doctor - that means a lot.
Zanex is a wonderful thing - take it whenever you need it!
Sending you lots of good thoughts - enjoy your weekend!
~ Jennaj

0910faith replied to brcansur's response:
Hi Roberta,
I have trying to catch up to you. I tried to reply to
your last post to me (5) days ago, somewhere in
Web MD land. I don't know if I can continue on these
Web Sites. I seem to get lost (most of my time) and
can't find my way back. I share the computer with
hubby and he is on it most of the morning and early
arternoon with his stock market business.
One week from Monday is my surgery. I'm really
excited.
You asked about my breathing. I am on three breathing
medications. I do have a nebulizer here but two of my
medications have replaced it. They do breathing
treatments while I am in the hospital. It helps. After my
Bi-Mast. and they put in my expanders I have had more
breathing problems. I am hoping after this surgery it
will get better.
I don't know how you handle the cold weather. It is really
hard for me to breath in the winter here when it get cold.
How do you handle the snow? I couldn't do it anymore.
I would never be able to go outside.
I lost some of my posts. They just disappeared.
How are you doing? Are you feeling ok. Did you
get a surgery date yet?
Love n hugs
faith

0910faith responded:
Hi Barb,
I know its easier to say don't worry than to do it.
I'm glad you got some Xanax. The two weeks will
fly by and it will be over. I wish you good reslults.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
love n hugs
faith

brcansur replied to 0910faith's response:
Faith
I am doing good I don't have a surgery date I go back to ps in Oct to see if expander did it's job and we will talk about date then. I am in no hurry I would rather have the expander do it's job the right way and take time then rush it and have it come out wrong. So I am thinking it will be the end of Oct sometime. Before the holidays so I will be all healed up before I start my cooking and bakeing for the holiday season. If not then I will tell him it needs to wait till after christmas becuase I have to be able to make my baked good for everyone. LOl I dod it every year can't go with out makeing my cookie tryas for gifts and my breads and mini cheese cakes because then I would have no idea what to do for gifts for my doctors and their staff and the adults in the family. I would be lost for gift ideas lol. I have been doing this for so many years and everyone looks forward to their trays every year. One year my house got hit by my neighbor and she took out my gas line, she was drinking too much and drivine. Idon't live there any more. Any way I could not bake that year, you would think the world came to an end the way every one acted lol. So I have to make my trays. So either before holidays or have to wait till after lol. so I can bake. Would you like a tray of goodies give a address i can send them . I love baking so much and it is a joy to see everyones face when the open their trays each year. I make some different cookies each year and at least 13 kinds of cookies. Ok enough about christmas cookies I am already getting ready for it. Have a great weekend angel hugs Roberta.
Roberta

0910faith replied to brcansur's response:

Hi Roberta,
Wow, you are right, before you know it
the holidays will be here and it will be time for
cooking and mainly baking. I also love to bake. I'm sure
I will be recovered for it by the time I start. I mail candy
and cookies to my kids in Florida and Virginia. Usually
my grand children get into the boxes before their mom and
dads. It's ok though, I know they really love all the goodies.
My sister in Florida makes so many more varieties
than I do. I pick out the favorites and mail the ones
she doesn't make. She goes nonstop with the baking.
I love sharing this more than gifts.
All my neighbors enjoy them also.
I'll be looking for an update in October for your surgery
date. You are so patient.
I hope you have a nice Labor Day Weekend everyone.
The telethon has been shortened this year and will
be without Jerry Lewis. That's all they have talked about
in the newspaper here since he is a resident of LV.
I'm kinda sad he won't at least sing his signature song.
They won't say why.
My thoughts and prayers are will all the bc ladies this day.
love n hugs
faith

cindy12345678 replied to 0910faith's response:
Hi Faith and Roberta! I haven't been on in awhile. I am glad you are both doing ok. I have been working and enjoying summer. I go to the PS in 2 weeks, to talk nipples. I get my next scans in Nov. Kind of worried about that already. I hope they show noithing so I can finally have my port out.YOu ladies are right the Holidays are right around the corner! We should have a cookie exchange! Have a great weekend!
Love and hugs ,
Cindy

Susan1240 replied to brcansur's response:
Hi Roberta, Judy, Faith, Michelle, Jenna and Barb and others,

I haven't posted in quite a while. My thoughts are still with everyone on this site. Hope you all had a relaxing Labor Day holiday. Unfortunately, my pain/discomfort has not gone away. I was really hoping things would improve by now and am quite discouraged. It has been over a year since implant surgery. Have seen many professionals about this ... have an appointment at the pain clinic this Thursday. Had a cat scan a few weeks ago and everything appeared normal. I do have a theory about what I think is happening. Months after a double mastectomy, when I had expanders AND after implant surgery, my chest was so extremely tight, I could hardly breathe. Now it is still tight, but I believe the scar tissue is slowly breaking up. Sometimes my chest is so irritated (poking) that I can feel fluid in there and often it feels like it is going into my inner torso area. (strange!!!) My pain clinic doctor has prescribed Neurontin and Flexeril ... have been taking those drugs for months. They all say ... "give it time".Have not been able to find ONE woman who has had this same experience. Have even been to a BC support group! Every person has a unique experience with breast cancer. Even though I am blessed with a loving husband, family and friends, I still feel very alone and isolated. Just want you ladies to know how much I appreciate your extra special support on this site. Wish I could make batches and batches of Christmas cookies for all of you!!! I love sweets and especially holiday sugar cookies. : - ) Thanks for letting me vent.

Hugs and cookies,
Susan

Shell1007 replied to Susan1240's response:
Susan,
I hope this time the pain clinic will give you some much needed relief.
You have been through so much & being in pain all the time takes a toll on the physical & mental self.
So glad you have the Hubby, family & friends.
Will you please let us know how it goes on Thurs?
This is the place to vent....anytime!!
Sending good thoughts & prayers your way
Take care
Michele
PS Holiday sugar cookies are my favorite & I too am hooked on sweets

Jenna291 replied to Shell1007's response:
Hi Susan,
I will be praying that this pain clinic can help you. No one should have to go thru so much pain. You are so right that each of us has a different experience and depending on where you are treated, a different treatment plan.
Family and friends are wonderful support, but its hard for anyone who has not been thru these situations to truly realize the pain and stress we suffer. We are here!!!!
I wil look for your posted after your Thursday appt and sending you lots of hugs and prayers and well wishes.
Love, Jenna
I am right there with Michele, love those sugar cookies! Wish I had one (or two!) right now to go with my morning coffee!!!

judyfams replied to Jenna291's response:
Susan,
I am so upset for you. Having constant pain is the worst - I did not have a mastectomy so I cannot talk to you about that. However I have a herniated disc that has caused sciatica and I have been in terrible pain since the end of May. I can sit, but cannot stand or walk for more than 2 or 3 minutes at a time.
Went to a pain clinic, had a spinal epidural which didn't work, went to an orthopedic surgeon and he prescribed pain meds for me which frankly did not help the pain - they made me dizzy and tired. Physical therapy is finally helping me.
I am sharing this with you because I think you should find the CAUSE of your pain rather than masking the symptoms of the pain with medications.
You say you think it might be caused by scar tissue - is that your assumotion or did the PS tell you that? Maybe your pectoral muscles have been expanded too much and are trying to contract thereby causing you this pain. Have you considered having smaller implants put in? Could your pain be caused by something in which a capsule forms around the implant - I think it's called capsular contracture?
Maybe implants are not the best form of reconstruction for you - there are other types of reconstruction which do not stretch the pectoral muscles - and maybe you should look into those.
Check out the website www.breastcenter.com/procedures/procedures.php
Susan, I hope you find the cause for your pain - as nothing is worse than constant chronic pain.
Know you are in my thoughts.
Judy

Anon_177178 replied to judyfams's response:
Have you asked your doctor about physical therapy? I had a masectomy back in June and now because of pt I am almost pain free...I praise God for physical therapy!

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
60 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center