Skip to content
Second opinion on breast reconstruction
JLAMB26 posted:
I just made an appointment for a consultation with a 2nd reconconstructive surgeon. I couldn't put my finger on why this decision was so hard since I'm usually such a decisive person. The first doctor seems to be pushing me for a DIEP Flap and I'm not sure it is for me. A friend convinced me to talk to another doctor and I feel like a weight has been lifted! I'll see him on Thursday. Yay, good day, just had to share!
Jennifer

brcansur responded:
Hello, I agree with your friend if your not feeling good about something then go and talk to a second even a third doctor until you get your questions answers enough that you can decide what is best for you and your body.
You need to reseaech all the options for you then sit down and decide what one will be best for you. There are a lot of different reconstruction surgeries that can be done you need to see what ones are good for you and can be done on you. Sometimes your body isn't set up right for some of the surgeries you need to ask about this. What ones can you have done, What ones are best for you , What is the recovery time.
What will they be doing exactually.
What are the side effects after.
make a list of question to ask before you go to the appt and bring it with you that you way you will not forget them.
I wish you a lot of luck and take your time decideing on what one to have because that is what you will live with for the rest of your life.
Have fun shopping becuase when you get your new twins in it is a blast seeing the girls for the first time
Oh and when you buy new tops and can fill them out again wow great feeling have fun and enjoy your good day keep having good days !!!!! Angel hugs Roberta
Roberta

JLAMB26 replied to brcansur's response:
Thanks Roberta!

Antiques4Me responded:
Hi Jennifer,

When you go see the second doctor, will you post again? I am in the decision-making process about reconstructive surgery also, and there are some things that I don't feel comfortable with, so it would be nice to have another person's opinion/views. Some of the surgical options just seem kind of frighteningly complicated. My husband is suggesting that I not put myself through it at all, but I would like to look normal again. I had a bilateral mastectomy six months ago.

Thanks!
Liz

Helpful Tips

What Is The Pink Bus???
One of our great resources is our famous PINK BUS! Some of you are familiar with her. Others may need a little introduction so I went back ... More
Was this Helpful?
60 of 75 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Breast Cancer Center